Differences between the cabins?

Low Country Sandlapper

I understand that the absolute cheapest cabins do not have balconies, but I am curious about the balcony suites.  Other than location and size of the cabins, is there any advantage to the more expensive cabins?  Do the more expensive cabins come with additional perks?  I’ve looked on the website and can’t seem to find anything

Thank you.  

It depends on which suites you are trying to compare to a Vista suite and the ship.  If by “balcony” you mean “veranda”, then no, there are no additional perks other than the extra space provided by the veranda itself.  But if you’re wanting to compare a Vista to a Silver Suite, then yes, there are additional perks.  These are detailed on the SS website as unlimited premium Wi-Fi, an espresso machine in suite, complimentary laundry (pressing and wet cleaning), as well as daily canape service.

Unlike the down-market cruise lines, the differences on Silversea are not great. You still get the butler (need him or not), you still go to the same restaurants, choose from the same excursions, have the same drinks and the same in-cabin dining, etc. The perks Stumblefoot mentions are, in my mind at least, relatively minor so the main thing you get is a bigger cabin.

As a past cheapest-cabin cruiser, Silversea, despite being a "luxury" line, seems to be nearly classless.

• Like 1

Other than on the website, does anyone have a link to or other pictures of the Vista Suite on the Silver Dawn?  What I have seen are showing the stock pictures. I am interested in the closet and bathroom, as well as any other views. Any videos or 3D tours of which one knows?

1 hour ago, njguy_south said:

Other than on the website, does anyone have a link to or other pictures of the Vista Suite on the Silver Dawn?  What I have seen are showing the stock pictures. I am interested in the closet and bathroom, as well as any other views. Any videos or 3D tours of which one knows?

I have found if you google it, you will find pics and vids of each ship and suite class.

6 hours ago, Tex1 said:

I have found if you google it, you will find pics and vids of each ship and suite class.

Yes, I googled it. Always google it, but have found nothing, hence my question. Most people google. Perhaps we should stop using Cruise Critic and discussion boards and just google it! The pics for Vista Suite are only stock pics, and the one video is of the handicapped cabin.

2 hours ago, njguy_south said:

Yes, I googled it. Always google it, but have found nothing, hence my question. Most people google. Perhaps we should stop using Cruise Critic and discussion boards and just google it! The pics for Vista Suite are only stock pics, and the one video is of the handicapped cabin.

I suspect the reason for the Google suggestion was because the answers may be found on a competitive site whose url, if posted here, would cause instant moderator 'consternation'.

9 hours ago, canderson said:

I suspect the reason for the Google suggestion was because the answers may be found on a competitive site whose url, if posted here, would cause instant moderator 'consternation'.

Then I suppose Cruise Critic has reached its redundancy, since its purpose for asking questions and sharing knowledge have been replaced by GOOGLE. I will humbly refrain from using CC and now simply go it alone with GOOGLE — and perhaps FB.

The best site for cabin info is Cruise Deck Plans.  You’ll figure out the website name. 😀

Agree that benefits for larger suites are minimal beyond cabin size.  Free laundry is nice.  But it’s largely a classless system. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2023 at 1:34 PM, njguy_south said:

I went to YouTube and put in silver Dawn cabin and found some videos, some by ordinary pax, so you could try that. 

On 10/24/2023 at 8:36 PM, njguy_south said:

Perhaps the reason for the video of an accessible suite ("handicapped cabin") is that these suites appeal to those with disabilities. After all, there are only 6 Vistas and 3 are marked accessible.

14 hours ago, Mahogany said:

Perhaps the reason for the video of an accessible suite ("handicapped cabin") is that these suites appeal to those with disabilities. After all, there are only 6 Vistas and 3 are marked accessible.

Thank you. I feel humbled and corrected. After all, I should not have asked if there were any videos of suites, at all.