Best tour for wildlife?

saint_em

Hi all,

We are visiting Belize with Princess in December. I'm really keen to do a tour that includes the best opportunities for wildlife watching - I would love to see a toucan!

There are a couple of tours offered by Princess that look plausible, there's a river tour only, plus trips to Altun Ha and Lamanai that also include boat rides. 

If wildlife is the priority, would any of these tours be better than the others?

Alternatively is there a non-cruise tour that would be worth considering?

Any advice would be appreciated!

If you want to see underwater wildlife I would recommend taking the Goff's Caye Tour. Water crystal clear and ocean full of everything. Keep walking out on the flats the further you go it's hard telling what you'll see out there. Water is really never any more than 7 ft. most is 3-5 feet deep, water is glass nothing but life and calm.

Lots of wildlife. 😎👌

On 10/25/2023 at 3:03 PM, TTEllis said:

If you want to see underwater wildlife I would recommend taking the Goff's Caye Tour. Water crystal clear and ocean full of everything. Keep walking out on the flats the further you go it's hard telling what you'll see out there. Water is really never any more than 7 ft. most is 3-5 feet deep, water is glass nothing but life and calm.

Lots of wildlife. 😎👌

We are looking to do one of the following tours offered from our cruise ship this winter. A glass bottom boat or Placezcia Lagoon and Mango.

Has anyone done these tours

Sounds nice I've just never done those tours, there's all kinds of great tours on Belize. Those sound like good ones too. 

Glass bottom boat sounds awesome. It would be a tour I would definitely consider. Have fun whatever you decide.