Queen Anne

Minnie29

23 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Yikes, that's even more enclosed than I remember from being on K'dam.

I don’t think it is too bad, except, and it’s rather a big except, no space for chairs. It really is only for walking.

29 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I don’t think it is too bad, except, and it’s rather a big except, no space for chairs. It really is only for walking.

I tend to stop in my walking to gaze at the sea. I suppose this is better for exercise as there's hardly anywhere to stop and gaze. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think to many pay restaurants. People will go if on a 7 nightish cruise but can see them empty most of the time on the world cruise. Will have to find out as my sister is boarding tomorrow. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

First look at PG cabin - looks pretty  good considering the daft shape

Um…yea. This ship is looking better as more data comes in. The Italians really know how to use marble and the marble is magnificent in the bathrooms. 
I would like the see the wardrobe space in PG next. 

Edited by NE John

12 minutes ago, busmech said:

I think to many pay restaurants. People will go if on a 7 nightish cruise but can see them empty most of the time on the world cruise. Will have to find out as my sister is boarding tomorrow. 

I should have thought the other way round, particularly with WC Diamonds who may get freebies every sector.

There seems to be a lot more people sitting facing walls in QG than PG.  Must remember not to tick upgrade box when in PG!  Why would the design people think passengers would want to look at wall when the sea is in the opposite direction?  I just don’t get it.  You pay all that money in the best restaurant on the ship to look at a wall.  Or to even look at it 50% of the time if you swap seats!  Was it asking too much to consider turning the tables through 90 degrees?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, RJChatsworth said:

There seems to be a lot more people sitting facing walls in QG than PG.  Must remember not to tick upgrade box when in PG!  Why would the design people think passengers would want to look at wall when the sea is in the opposite direction?  I just don’t get it.  You pay all that money in the best restaurant on the ship to look at a wall.  Or to even look at it 50% of the time if you swap seats!  Was it asking too much to consider turning the tables through 90 degrees?

Fit more in if you think about footprint of table and two chairs

4 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Fit more in if you think about footprint of table and two chairs

One thing is that my impression was that there were quite a lot of big tables in the footage. I doubt there will be so many with real passengers, the majority of whom want twos. I might be mistaken, and I’m not sure what the effect of that will be.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, exlondoner said:

The only piece I’ve seen that I don’t like is, lo and behold, the Queens Grill. I feel I’m going to spend a fortnight staring at a wall. I’m sure it is a nice wall, but still…

Completely agree,  I can't  sit on banquette,  also I would feel obliged not toletmy wife sit facing wall, she like to see what's going on. So will not be cruising QG on Queen Anne

6 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

I must say I prefer the look/style of the PG cabins and restaurant compared to QG - good job that’s what we have booked!!

I agree re the restaurant...at the moment. As exlondoner pointed out configurations change with the requirements of passengers, so we will see.

We have a few cruises booked on QA [come back summer '27 QV, perleeeeze] and we will treat our first time as a taster and will be forearmed for the next one.

• Like 1

In general looks nice , glad they made it a modern ship not a pastiche 50s liner. 

Faults QG,  Restaurant for  seatstwo, shower in QG too small.

Grills terrace  seems heavy on chairs and tables light on sunbeds. Still worry about grills terrace  becoming a walk wayfrom front to back

19 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Grills terrace  seems heavy on chairs and tables light on sunbeds. Still worry about grills terrace  becoming a walk wayfrom front to back

General impression so far very pleasing with one or 2 exceptions.

Like Windsurfboy, concerned about the GrillsTerrace as a walk through. If this is the case the area will be deluged with interlopers, as the small infinity pools will be a massive draw! I am sure I have read somewhere, that this area has secure access. I look forward to hearing if this is so.

My cat would like the QG banquette seating but the rest of us...?  But those wall facing seats opposite... I'd rather dine in my suite, thanks very much. 

Grill Deck... I think if you look at some the videos you can detect some metal framed glass dividers between the Grill area and the open decks so not sure if this key card activated.  It seems like it would have to be.  

So far, the best thing I've seen is the putting green on deck.... so wish they had this on QE and QV. We loved it on Oceania. 

I do like the library... and hope they still have communal computers for those of us disdaining "smart phones."

On the subject of hanging space in Britannia and Club Balcony cabins;

I watched two videos yesterday and got the impression that most of the full height wardrobes had a removable half bar. In fact one of the vloggers commented on it.

That would make them quite flexible in that you could use the two halves for suits, shirts, skirts, tops, but remove the lower bar for long dresses.

The wardrobe we don't like in BC on QM2 is the one where the rail runs front to back with little rings on it for the hangers. It's much easier to see what's there and pick stuff out with side hangers.

On 11/16/2023 at 3:18 PM, bluemarble said:

Another thing to keep in mind about the Royal Court Theatre on Queen Anne is its seating capacity. The specs for Queen Anne indicate a total passenger capacity of approximately 3,000 with a seating capacity of 825 in the theatre. That compares to approximately 2,700 passengers on QM2 with a seating capacity of 1,105 in the theatre. Plus there is also Illuminations on QM2 providing an additional 500 seats for concurrent events.

I'll be interested to see how that's going to work out on Queen Anne. Queen Anne will also have the Bright Lights Society. Not sure what the capacity will be for that venue although it doesn't sound like it will be all that large.

oh that’s not good.   We’ve been on the Koningsdam with a similar theater seat to guest ratio.  It was very crowded.  

One night they had some guest dancers, we went to the theater 45 minutes early and there wasn’t one single seat left, not one.  We heard the next morning it was a great show though.😕

Having watched a video of the Queens Grill Restaurant, I dont envy the maitre d´ having to explain guests why they have to sit at an inferior table having paid a premium for the highest category of cabins. I have seen people complaining about tables on the QM2 which where much nicer. Its not so much about the bench seating, even though I wonder why they reintroduced it after getting rid of it on QM2, but some tables look like being placed in a small utilitarian corridor along a wall of serving stations. And due to the long room, not much chance to interact or look at the other guests. I hope the QG appears nicer in reality, but I doubt it a bit. The two wider areas appear nicer though.

• Like 3

As a fellow armchair critic, there are some really nice things I’ve seen so far along with a couple clunkers. However, the main thing I see missing is a sense of being at sea and being at see on a Cunard ship. QA has a nice boutique hotel look (maybe Azamara-like) and that’s great but I’m looking for a maritime experience. 
I eagerly await the reports on the nearby “Live” thread regarding tomorrow’s maiden voyage. Based on what I see, I’m sure one can have a good experience on QA - but will it be a Cunard experience?

• Like 3

I have long had the opinion that the QA is going be an overcrowded mess.  Too many passengers and not enough space.  Just look at the smaller cabins, small Royal Court Theatre and no real promenade deck and mediocre seating in the premium Grills dining rooms as examples. Stephen Payne must be horrified. The bean counters at Cunard have really screwed this one up.  I will stick with QM2, a beautiful ship on which I have experienced 40+ sailings since 2006.  

• Like 2