Pre-Antarctic: Santiago tours

bohaiboy

We ar on the Wind from 01 Dec but plan on spending 3 days pre and 1 day post cruise in Santiago.  We are looking for recommended wine tours and a trip in to the Andes.  For the wine tours, looking for more boutique wineries.  Fire away with recommendations.

For us, we put together a list of the region’s greatest wineries, contacted them all in advance to set up private tastings, then just hired a driver to transport us accordingly.  This is the best way to have the ultimate in flexibility and you certainly do not need a guide as the wineries will provide all the education you need.

If you want a guide, and/or want to visit places other than wineries, I've used privatetours.cl a few times and have been happy with the quality of the tours and guides. 

The only problem with "boutique" wineries is that you'll never be able to find their products once you get home. We visited a mix of smaller and larger wineries. The smaller places are nice but you're not missing out if you mix in some of the larger and/or more established places. And I still buy wines from the places we visited when I can find them.

• Thanks 1