Villa Vie Residences

Host Jazzbeau

Oy.  NDAs?  Not a good sign at all.  I don't believe this shi will ever set sail.  Not seaworthy.

I feel very bad for all those who sold their previous life away for this.

18 hours ago, MacMadame said:

I think it will sail. And the company will go out of business before the 3.5 years are up. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, they may get lucky and eventually slide by the inspections. We both know that a 30-year old ship will start aging very rapidly. Just imagine them getting stuck because of mechanical problems somewhere where there is no dry dock available. 
I wouldn't even go on a TA on a 30-year old ship.

You are right, when they eventually sail, bankruptcy will be on the horizon.

I don't think they will be able to pass inspection.  Aged ship that has been idle for years.

We shall see.  8/28/2024 was the new date.  That is in a few days. Doubt they will make it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VL1 said:

If they were ready, they would be trumpeting that fact.  Instead - silent.

Funny you say that. Great minds think alike. 
I was thinking that when I posted my last post: Mmmh. They probably would have already said something. It is not like those pass or fail come at a last minute surprise. 

Just saw a video from that couple...midlife cruising..or something like that. They showed some of the "VVR cribs". Oh dear....
Anyhow, among the comments of course questions came up about a possible departure date. I guess they are supposed to have sea trials within a week and hope to sail within a week as well. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

Just saw a video from that couple...midlife cruising..or something like that. They showed some of the "VVR cribs". Oh dear....
Anyhow, among the comments of course questions came up about a possible departure date. I guess they are supposed to have sea trials within a week and hope to sail within a week as well. 🤣

I've heard that many times

• Like 1

Very sad.  It's just horrible.  This is some sick, delusional game played by a CEO and COO ( a married couple) who have taken this money and have no idea how to run a cruise line.  I really think they believe their own delusions.  The passengers have bought into this "community" and can't see that this couple- Mike Pettersen and Kathy Villalba are delusional, incompetent, idiots.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

a CEO and COO ( a married couple) who have taken this money and have no idea how to run a cruise line.  I really think they believe their own delusions.

I agree with both of these points. It's pretty clear they don't have the expertise to run an entire cruise line. And they also clearly don't know that and think they can do it.

• Like 2

I continue to say that I shall believe it when they sail away.  However, I fear that day will in fact, never come.  Then come the years, trying to get a refund, and trying to put together a life again.

On 8/27/2024 at 12:03 AM, VL1 said:

I don't think they will be able to pass inspection.  Aged ship that has been idle for years.

We shall see.  8/28/2024 was the new date.  That is in a few days. Doubt they will make it.

Any ship can pass a class society survey, it just amounts to how much time and money you want to put into the ship.

13 hours ago, norn iron said:

The BBC are now covering the story and have the link on their news homepage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c8jl3720yw3o

Not sure "covering the story" is the right wording. 😄

Another fluff piece by the company through the same people. One has to wonder if they get some reimbursement or extra benefit from Villa Vie for making everything look rosy.😅

8 hours ago, VL1 said:

I continue to say that I shall believe it when they sail away.  However, I fear that day will in fact, never come.  Then come the years, trying to get a refund, and trying to put together a life again.

Next week....next week....😅

Mike Petterson, the chief executive of Villa Vie Residences, said: “Despite having to do major works such as the rudder stocks, major steel work and engine overhauls, we have persevered and are now in the last stages of departure. We expect a successful launch next week [after which] we will head to Bremerhaven, Amsterdam, Lisbon, then across the Atlantic for our Caribbean segment.

The Guardian full article

And then from the Business Insider

Petterson, Villa Vie's CEO and founder, told BI, "We are going through the last few surveys and expect to launch within the next week."

He added that sea trials were scheduled for Monday.

Business Insider full article

And from the NY Post

A spokesperson for the cruise line told The Post that the issues stemmed from trying to reactivate a 30-year-old vessel – but they expect to finally set off as soon as next week.   

“Despite having to do major works such as the rudder stocks, major steel work and engine overhauls, we have persevered and are now in the last stages of departure,” the spokesperson said in a statement.

“We expect a very anticipated successful launch next week where we will head to Bremerhaven, Amsterdam, Lisbon, then across the Atlantic for our Caribbean segment.” 

NY Post full article

It still shows a lack of due diligence when purchasing the ship, and a lack of experience in ship maintenance and repair in not anticipating what could, and what is typically needed, when dry docking and surveying older tonnage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

It still shows a lack of due diligence when purchasing the ship, and a lack of experience in ship maintenance and repair in not anticipating what could, and what is typically needed, when dry docking and surveying older tonnage.

Definitely. As mentioned earlier, you don't buy a 30-year old ship which was for almost 4 years laid up and expect a 4 week drydock will do it. 
It is foolish. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2024 at 4:25 PM, Travel_Around_The_World said:

Another fluff piece by the company through the same people. One has to wonder if they get some reimbursement or extra benefit from Villa Vie for making everything look rosy.😅

It's just laziness. I say this from experience. 😄 

• Like 1