New Princess charges

OceanNow® delivery: A nominal one-time access fee of AU $22.99 per guest per voyage will now apply to access unlimited OceanNow delivery.

So:

Does this mean that every guest on a Princess cruise will now be charged an up front fee of $22.99 for the OceanNow poolside etc drinks etc delilivery service, whether they intend to use the service or not?

These started a month or two back.

As mentioned, if you use it you will get charged.  It is a one off charge, the same for 2 nights as it is for 100.

If you have the current version of plus or premier packages, the charge doesn't apply. If you have the pre-Christmas version of those packages, you will get some compensation OBC.

We rarely used it last year. We are going to pay the charge and absolutely hammer it for cabin delivery. If they want to charge for the service, we will make sure to get value out of it.

• Like 4

I note that the letter (mine at least) provides an onboard AU$25 "AU/NZ regional spending credit" to those who booked prior to 14 December 2022. I booked booked in April this year, well before the announcement of the new charges and after the cut-off for the credit! 😫

6 minutes ago, Bugalugsnz said:

I note that the letter (mine at least) provides an onboard AU$25 "AU/NZ regional spending credit" to those who booked prior to 14 December 2022. I booked booked in April this year, well before the announcement of the new charges and after the cut-off for the credit! 😫

I also received the email today for my November cruise booked in May. I think it applies to those on standard fare booked anytime and those on plus fare booked prior to 14 December 2022. It can be read either way. 

Is the $25 credit per person or per stateroom? Hopefully per person if it is designed to cover the Ocean Now activation fee.

14 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

I also received the email today for my November cruise booked in May. I think it applies to those on standard fare booked anytime and those on plus fare booked prior to 14 December 2022. It can be read either way. 

Is the $25 credit per person or per stateroom? Hopefully per person if it is designed to cover the Ocean Now activation fee.

Hmmm I see what you mean - "to those on Standard cruise fare or Plus/Premier bundles purchased prior to 14 December 2022." Depends on how the "or" is applied. I'm cruising solo (Standard) so not sure about per person or per cabin. It doesn't say. I guess we'll find out when we sail!

Edited by Bugalugsnz

I did ask in another thread as there are no indication if it is per cabin, per customer or per adult in room.

Next, the statement: "to those on Standard cruise fare or Plus/Premier bundles purchased prior to 14 December 2022.", I read it as "those on Standard cruise fare" will get OBC, "or Plus/Premier bundles purchased prior to 14 December 2022.", this is before the price increase for package and they do not have access to e.g.  free casual dinning + Ocean Now ordering. 

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

These started a month or two back.

As mentioned, if you use it you will get charged.  It is a one off charge, the same for 2 nights as it is for 100.

If you have the current version of plus or premier packages, the charge doesn't apply. If you have the pre-Christmas version of those packages, you will get some compensation OBC.

We rarely used it last year. We are going to pay the charge and absolutely hammer it for cabin delivery. If they want to charge for the service, we will make sure to get value out of it.

We have the pre Xmas version Geoff but no compensation for us at this stage, but as our next cruise is 21 nights, it won’t break the bank!

Edited by resordanis

3 minutes ago, resordanis said:

We have the pre Xmas version Geoff but no compensation for us at this stage, but as our next cruise is 21 nights, it won’t break the bank!

I am on Majestic on 10 Dec and got the AUD $25~ email today.

6 minutes ago, resordanis said:

The compo wasn't meant to show until you have boarded and your folio has been established. 

PS: I think ours showed a couple of days ago for our cruise next weekend. I will have to check for the email, as I also have shareholder OBC pending and it is hard to know which is which.

Edited by arxcards
PS

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The compo wasn't meant to show until you have boarded and your folio has been established. 

PS: I think ours showed a couple of days ago for our cruise next weekend. I will have to check for the email, as I also have shareholder OBC pending and it is hard to know which is which.

I got my shareholder OBC. The 25 will be issued on the first day of sailing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Thanks, I will live in hope then!🤞

1 hour ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Word was on the other Princess changes thread that it is $50 per cabin ($25 each), which co-incidently covers the Ocean Now charge. They were just too damn stubborn to just grandfather the charge for anyone already booked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Word was on the other Princess changes thread that it is $50 per cabin ($25 each), which co-incidently covers the Ocean Now charge. They were just too damn stubborn to just grandfather the charge for anyone already booked.

Just saying the same to my husband. Must have been easier to say anyone with the old packages gets taken to the new package🤔

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Trust is hard sometimes. At least you can see it on your phone now instead of joining the queue at the pursers desk.

Ahh another 3rd world problem the app! Husbands birthdate is wrong and no matter how many phone calls I make it can’t be rectified!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arxcards said:

They should just grandfather everyone before the change. Otherwise, where is the line drawn? E.g. Tomorrow they can change it to "All standard fare are only allowed to dine at the buffet for only 1 hour in sequence of your deck."? 🤣

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Zetta83 said:

They should just grandfather everyone before the change. Otherwise, where is the line drawn? E.g. Tomorrow they can change it to "All standard fare are only allowed to dine at the buffet for only 1 hour in sequence of your deck."? 🤣

That comes with the next change to the $75/$105 packages.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Zetta83 said:

Totally agree. Imagine was is going to happen once on board. Thank god, we can’t eat Pizza anymore! The queues at Alfredo’s, with who can and who cannot eat without the charge.!🤣

Edited by resordanis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Totally agree. Imagine was is going to happen once on board. Thank god, we can’t eat Pizza anymore! The queues at Alfredo’s, with who can and who cannot eat without the charge.!🤣

I heard there is no more queue for it. Maybe the only positive if I decided to pay for it 😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, resordanis said:

I expect it will be the sound of crickets, especially on the longer cruises. It is still the thing that bites - was inclusive when we booked, we have the old premier and it still isn't good enough to be an inclusive item. Looks like we will just have to slum it in the dining room.

• Like 1

Just now, Zetta83 said:

When are you cruise off? I thought they mentioned only added on day of sailing.

They did, but perhaps they are getting ahead of it now to stop people from ringing them up. We do have an extra $25 each that has gone on in the past few days. While it could be shares OBC, they are in my name and I would expect it would show as $50 to me instead of $25 each.

No email for me though.