Celebrity Millennium Japan - 10/24/2023 - Live(ish) Report

Miaminice

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Canada17 said:

Miaminice, can you let us know at which port in Hiroshima did Millie dock at? Also, is there complimentary shuttle service into the city? We are doing this same itinerary this coming October. Thank you.

Hi,

Hiroshima wasn´t on this itinererary. The last time we have been to Hiroshima was quite a while ago - in 2017. I remember we took a train to Hiroshima Station from the port. So I don´t know if there will be a shuttle offered or not - sorry!

Hiroshima was part of this cruise: 
https://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Celebrity-Millennium-Japan/celebrity-millennium-japan.html

Edited by Miaminice

9 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Hi,

Hiroshima wasn´t on this itinererary. The last time we have been to Hiroshima was quite a while ago - in 2017. I remember we took a train to Hiroshima Station from the port. So I don´t know if there will be a shuttle offered or not - sorry!

Hiroshima was part of this cruise: 
https://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Celebrity-Millennium-Japan/celebrity-millennium-japan.html

Thank you for the quick response Miaminice. I’ll try a new post to my cc friends. BTW love your travel logs, fantastic pictures and love the passion that you show in sharing your travels with us.

• Like 1

Hi @Miaminice! Great cruise review. Thank you for showing us your journey. My wife and I are going in couple of weeks. We are thinking to do a pub crawl in Osaka since we are at the port overnight. Do they allow you to stay off the ship as late as you want or is there a specific time you have to be back on the ship at night? In other words, are you allowed to enter an exit the ship at any time at night during when the ship is parked at port overnight? Thank you!

3 hours ago, Pharmd_excursionist said:

Hi @Miaminice! Great cruise review. Thank you for showing us your journey. My wife and I are going in couple of weeks. We are thinking to do a pub crawl in Osaka since we are at the port overnight. Do they allow you to stay off the ship as late as you want or is there a specific time you have to be back on the ship at night? In other words, are you allowed to enter an exit the ship at any time at night during when the ship is parked at port overnight? Thank you!

Hi, yes they do 👍 You can come and go any time or even stay off the ship at a hotel - all fine.

• Thanks 1

Hi Oliver, 

Mark and I have so enjoyed following along with your travels. It’s been a long wait for our journey to Japan. We’re one of those that Celebrity has lifted and shifted since the start of Covid.  We finally head out Tuesday, and are spending four weeks in Japan (I guess the wait paid off, we retired in the mean time).  

Your wonderful outline with photos in port stops, along with the highlight of your trip  to “Kamakura” is so helpful.  It’s going to make our journey that much easier.  Thank you!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MandL said:

Hi Oliver, 

Mark and I have so enjoyed following along with your travels. It’s been a long wait for our journey to Japan. We’re one of those that Celebrity has lifted and shifted since the start of Covid.  We finally head out Tuesday, and are spending four weeks in Japan (I guess the wait paid off, we retired in the mean time).  

Your wonderful outline with photos in port stops, along with the highlight of your trip  to “Kamakura” is so helpful.  It’s going to make our journey that much easier.  Thank you!!

Enjoy Japan! Just be careful - for us it was love on first sight. The fourth cruise is already booked.

Have a great time!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

Enjoy Japan! Just be careful - for us it was love on first sight. The fourth cruise is already booked.

Trying to talk my wife into taking a day pre-cruise to go house hunting!! 

Oliver:  I also re-read your travel reports regarding Japan.  We spent a month there in 2018 and will be returning for B2B cruises.  I suspect we may be on the same cruise as @MandL.  

But I have a quick question -- have you been to Nara?  Both of our cruises overnight in Osaka and we are considering going to Nara for the day.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the wonderful posts , and all the photos . We are doing this cruise cruise in August 2025 , but also SO  interested in your Singapore to Hongkong which we are on in January this year on Solstice . Please do the same as you have previously posted , its just a wonderful insight and an inspiration to us who have followd your travels  . 

27 minutes ago, hammo said:

Thanks for the wonderful posts , and all the photos . We are doing this cruise cruise in August 2025 , but also SO  interested in your Singapore to Hongkong which we are on in January this year on Solstice . Please do the same as you have previously posted , its just a wonderful insight and an inspiration to us who have followd your travels  . 

Hi and thank you!
We did post while on the cruise. You can find it here:

If you are looking for private tours in Vietnam, contact Rose! She is absolutely the best!!! 

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 12:46 PM, MandL said:

Hi Oliver, 

Other than Yokyo- Kamakura was the best of all the things we did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

yes, Kamakura sure is special. On this trip it was like the icing on the cake!

Couldn’t agree more.  Just returned after 30 days of this wonderful country.  We did the journey on our own as you did to Kamakura. Might not have if it wasn’t for your wonderful outline and photos.  It was definitely a highlight of our trip. Thanks again!

• Like 1