MSC Poesia wifi

Mike B Landlubber

I took a TA cruise on Divina in the Spring, and though it was different from my usual HAL or Norwegian, I found it an acceptable cruise and great value. I’m looking at taking a lengthy (4week) cruise on Poesia that includes TA. In reading the fairly recent expert review here on CC, I find it says that they have wired Ethernet, but no broadcast WiFi in the rooms. On the MSC website, I can’t find a Way to check WiFi packages until I have a booking.  Looking at individual reviews for the ship, I see several that say the WiFi stinks, but the only one with anything specific includes a price list that implies WiFi package is available, but also says it is a general price list, not ship-specific. I have no illusions that WiFi will be great, especially in mid-Atlantic, but I need/want at least slow but usable WiFi most of the time, and I don’t even think an Ethernet cable will work with my preferred iPad. Can I get assurances from some recent Poesia cruisers that they have at least typical cruise ship WiFi packages (poor or no streaming service and occasional lagginess or mysterious outages will be tolerated) available in the cabins? Thanks for any help!

I can't help specifically with that ship but, we've twice sailed on her sister ship Orchestra and more recently on the older Lirica. Both had wifi in the cabins. It's obviously not as fast as your super fast at home but we didn't have any significant issues with it. Poesia was only refurbished in 2021, so I'd be surprised if there wasn't ship wide wifi available. 

• Like 1

We sailed on the Poesia in June and had wifi coverage in our cabin and balcony. It was fine for what we needed. I do not expect high speeds on a ship but it was better than the Celebrity ship we were on in January that had a new Starlink system installed. The wifi access points are located in the hallways so the quality will be determined how far the nearest one is to your cabin. It was fine everywhere else too.

• Like 1