Carnival’s Paparazzi

tx121

7 hours ago, crazyank said:

We've never seen this. The photographers we've seen have always been well clear of the gangway.

That HAD been our history too until a couple of cruises this year, Europe on Pride especially where it literally happened at most, if not all, ports. I think one of the things that made it worse is that many of the piers in UK and Ireland weren't particularly cruise ship friendly so perhaps they were discouraged from having guest lingering on the pier itself.

Edited by jsglow

On 10/27/2023 at 4:04 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

You seem like a perfect candidate for anger management therapy!

Hopefully the photographers reported them and they were asked not to book another Carnival cruise, definitely not the type of guests needed on-board.

Hopefully the photographers reported them and they were asked not to book another Carnival cruise, definitely not the type of guests needed on-board.

On 10/26/2023 at 5:42 AM, tx121 said:

On our last cruise on the Carnival Venezia, it seemed like the photographers were more aggressive than the local taxi drivers in Nassau trying to sell you a island tour. 
Yes there is probably a quota each photographer has to make in order to keep their job, but it seemed very overwhelming where a no thank you wasn’t enough to turn them away. They would keep insisting, especially once you walk off the gangway in to the port. In my opinion, I feel most people won’t buy random pictures they didn’t want to take in the first place. 
Nowadays, Everyone has a camera on their phone and can take their own photos. Prices have become very expensive and I doubt a picture with a giant towel animal is a popular sale. Has anyone else experienced the aggressive behavior of the paparazzi on other ships recently?

We just got off Venezia and there were definitely a lot of photographers, but there were also plenty of people taking and buying photos