Is the menu limited on the dining package?

eyern1

48 minutes ago, eyern1 said:

I’m a little confused with what I’ve seen. If you buy the dining package pre boarding, is the menu limited vs what you get as a show up patron onboard?

Yes, you get to choose from the 'Experience' menu which is a sub-set of the full à la carte menu.

This should be no surprise as, for example, there are steaks on the Butcher's Cut menu that would indivudually cost way more than the price you pay as part of the package.

Just look at any of the menus that people have posted and you'll see the separate section for the 'Experience' menu.

You can also choose the Experience menu as a prix fixe option as a regular diner without a package.

Edited by Mark_T

There's also....

You may replace a dish from the Dining Experience menu with one from the à la carte menu for 50% of the listed price. You can also order any additional dish at full price.

...in certain restaurants if you have a dining package.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

7 minutes ago, eyern1 said:

So it’s not quite as good of a deal as seems. I’ll probably stick to the food I’ve already paid for. Thanks y’all. 

It is cheaper than paying for the experience menu once you are onboard, and the descriptions do cover the menu limitation:

image.png.db6c49ea14ccc5f0f87688efe3a30610.png

It is still a good deal if you want to eat at the speciality restaurants.

41 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

It is still a good deal if you want to eat at the speciality restaurants.

And not in the Yacht Club. I found the Filet in YC better than butchers cut from the experience menu. Probably will not go to the butchers cut if I'm in YC but may go there if not in YC.

11 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

And not in the Yacht Club. I found the Filet in YC better than butchers cut from the experience menu. Probably will not go to the butchers cut if I'm in YC but may go there if not in YC.

Agreed, if you are in YC there is little reason to use Butcher's Cut.

16 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

YC filet was my usual go to.  I'd still say BC filet better in the past.  Last trip ended last week.  3 out of YC filets pretty good out of 7, other 4 rubber and could not chew. 

On 10/28/2023 at 5:59 PM, eyern1 said:

So it’s not quite as good of a deal as seems. I’ll probably stick to the food I’ve already paid for. Thanks y’all. 

Yeah but it was $71 for three meals gratuities included.  Just got off Royal Caribbean and it was $132 for the three meal package plus 18% prepaid gratuities or $156. For $71on MSC it was a great deal. Now they've upped it to $110 and they pick the three restaurants, one of which is Hola where it's $18 for all you can eat anyway. So you're now paying $92 for the other two meals which is not a great deal.  Thankfully I already bought  the package for $71 on my upcoming January cruise, and you don't have to use Hola as one of them. 

36 minutes ago, nferr said:

Yeah but it was $71 for three meals gratuities included.  Just got off Royal Caribbean and it was $132 for the three meal package plus 18% prepaid gratuities or $156. For $71on MSC it was a great deal. Now they've upped it to $110 and they pick the three restaurants, one of which is Hola where it's $18 for all you can eat anyway. So you're now paying $92 for the other two meals which is not a great deal.  Thankfully I already bought  the package for $71 on my upcoming January cruise, and you don't have to use Hola as one of them. 

That was a good deal. Too bad it’s gone like the steak off your plate 

• Like 1