Neptune stateroom 4121

lido1

Does anyone have pictures of  the Neptune stateroom   (ES2) 4121 ?

I know all staterooms on all Viking ships are the same, but I would love to see actual pictures.

Thanks

Edited by lido1

11 minutes ago, lido1 said:

Does anyone have pictures of  the Neptune stateroom   (ES2) 4021 ?

I know all staterooms on all Viking ships are the same, but I would love to see actual pictures.

Thanks

Do you mean 4121?  I think that 4021 is a PV.

• lido1 changed the title to Neptune stateroom 4121
3 hours ago, lido1 said:

This video is the Viking Sky.  I am looking for the Neptune.  Thanks anyway . . .

Viking Ocean ships are identical (at least so far). The only difference is a couple of vessels that don't have drawers in the closet. 🍺🥌

• Like 4

You didn't ask, but I'll volunteer an opinion anyway: having stayed in both an ES2 and a PV1 I would never again pay the extra for the ES2 - I'd put the money into traveling more often.

We didn't use the "living room" as anything other than a dumping ground for stuff when we came into the cabin, and the arrangement of desk and credenza in the PV1 actually provides more space for this, and with better access to power outlets. Since society sets higher standards for presentation for my wife than it does for me, if I wanted to be able to keep her company while she was getting ready I'd need to be in the ES2 bedroom, whereas in the PV1 I could be comfortably seated on the couch or chair.

An opinion that is free and worth every penny 😃

5 minutes ago, WanderingBrit said:

You didn't ask, but I'll volunteer an opinion anyway: having stayed in both an ES2 and a PV1 I would never again pay the extra for the ES2 - I'd put the money into traveling more often.

We didn't use the "living room" as anything other than a dumping ground for stuff when we came into the cabin, and the arrangement of desk and credenza in the PV1 actually provides more space for this, and with better access to power outlets. Since society sets higher standards for presentation for my wife than it does for me, if I wanted to be able to keep her company while she was getting ready I'd need to be in the ES2 bedroom, whereas in the PV1 I could be comfortably seated on the couch or chair.

I've wondered about ES vs PV myself.  I've been thinking the only benefit for me for a ES would be for in room dining, having the table would be nice.  In certain climates, the larger balcony would be nice, I think, but for the price difference on cruises I've done and looked at I can't really justify it (for me). 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, WanderingBrit said:

45 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

I've wondered about ES vs PV myself.  I've been thinking the only benefit for me for a ES would be for in room dining, having the table would be nice.  In certain climates, the larger balcony would be nice, I think, but for the price difference on cruises I've done and looked at I can't really justify it (for me). 

We like the extra space and the locations of the PJS as opposed to the PV, which we tried once.  We are going to try an ES2 in the future.  I think the videos from the aft that have been posted by @OneSixtyToOne and @Selion sold us on the aft.  

On 10/28/2023 at 2:47 PM, lido1 said:

Does anyone have pictures of  the Neptune stateroom   (ES2) 4121 ?

Thanks

Here are pictures and a YouTube video of 4121 on the Viking Sky. They should look the same as on the Neptune. Cruisedeckplans.com is a very useful website. Here's the link.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/stateroom-details.php?ship=Viking-Sky&cabin=4121

Edited by dkramer

On 10/30/2023 at 1:32 PM, rmalbers said:

I agree with this.  There were 5 days where I got to have room service for all my meals.  Eating at the desk meant I needed to clear things off before my meal arrived.  Eating at a table would have been nice.  There was only twice we had room service where I was not room bound.  One was our last morning on the ship and the other was after we returned from a late night from a show at the Sydney Opera House.
However, I think we have found our happy spot with the PV.