The NCL Dream - Worldwide Time Machine

scubacruiserx2

The Gendarmenmarkt

The German Church , the Concert House . The French Church . I had stitch a couple of photos together to fit them all in . You can double click on the photos to enlarge them .

IMG_1647 Stitch-001_zpsapi7u93d

IMG_1622 Stitch-001_zpsw9iwxni1

IMG_1634 Stitch-001_zpserttktvx

IMG_1645-001_zpszmooskmk

IMG_1661 Stitch-001_zpsd00mg932

Another day and a wedding at the Concert Hall

IMG_3620 2_zpsnixxqkk3

IMG_3625 2_zpswmqjdeon

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Alte Nationalgalerie

IMG_3556 2_zpsogxrcwcl

The Berlin Cathedral had a Rinoplasty so we went inside .

IMG_3558 2_zpso3fubki0

IMG_3569 2_zps9ayms1ct

Main Dome

IMG_3573 2_zpsunsmuphp

The Alter

IMG_3597 2_zpsseeidzlq

We wished that we we could hear the organ

IMG_3608 2_zpsisvluri3

Goodbye Berlin , we gotta fly .

DSC06436_zpsz9pydwhe

Edited by scubacruiserx2

As a child of the 50's we were afraid of the air raid siren that was tested @ 1300 every Saturday . I always thought that this would have been the perfect time for Russia to attack this country as most people were so used to it that they would ignore it . 

I never dreamed that we would go to Russia but in September of 2006 we did just that on the NCL Dream as part of our Baltic cruise .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

After I was dicharged from the Navy in 1974 , me ( A happy Veterans Day and Thank You to all who served ) , and my future wife worked at a plant that made artificial kidneys in Miami Lakes . She worked a 12 hour day shift and I worked the 12 hour night shift . There were some people from Russia that I worked with and we had some interesting conversations during the long nights .

At that time they lived communially with 3 families together as they did in Russia . They told me of endless lines for food there with one group in the bread line , another in the meat line and the third in the fruit and or vegetable line all before or after work . They sometimes waited for hours only to be told that they had run out of food . 

They couldn't believe there eyes when they saw a supermarket full of different kinds of meatafter they moved to the US . Thinking that it was a trick , they loaded their cart with meat just to see if it were true that they could buy it . They did teach me to speak some Russian and a little Greek as that was their native language . 

The Fire Department called me 2 years after I tested and they had filled their quota of African American and Hispanic Firefighters in September of 1976 , the same year that I met my wife , so I was finally hired . After the birth of our first son , her position was discontinued , leaving me to work 2 jobs while she found some work that she could do at home .

Fast foward to 2006 and retirement and we were on the doorstep of Saint Petersburg , Russia  . Things had changed a lot in those 30 years - for the better .

Edited by scubacruiserx2