A bit Bumpy in New Zealand Waters

The remnants of Lola are stirring things up on NZ's north island.

Majestic Princess was meant to be turning over some of her passengers in Auckland today, but they are still hanging about off the coast in rough conditions. It currently looks like the seas will improve late this afternoon, and they are now scheduled to dock in Auckland at 7pm this evening, departing tomorrow evening. That will result in the dropping of Tauranga or Bay of Islands from their schedule.

Ovation was also meant to be in Auckland for the day today. They have well and truly ditched those plans and those for Bay of Islands tomorrow. They are currently heading for the Cook Strait to spend tomorrow in Wellington instead.

• Like 4

My parents in law were due to board the Majestic today, just as well they are staying with family and don't have to be out of a motel room at 11am.

I read in a Princess thread that over 900 passengers were due to get off in Auckland. No doubt some of them had flights booked for today.

MIL texted me that the ship will not leave Auckland until 8pm on Tuesday so it is probably Tauranga they will skip.

50 minutes ago, sewgood said:

My parents in law were due to board the Majestic today, just as well they are staying with family and don't have to be out of a motel room at 11am.

I read in a Princess thread that over 900 passengers were due to get off in Auckland. No doubt some of them had flights booked for today.

MIL texted me that the ship will not leave Auckland until 8pm on Tuesday so it is probably Tauranga they will skip.

That looks correct. The entry for Majestic Princess has been erased from Tauranga's shipping pages.

It looks like she will be heading north to the Bay of Islands tomorrow night to make up time. 

This is unfortunate for the folks booked to do the Hobbiton or Rotorua tours from Tauranga tomorrow but it would be better than ending up on Takapuna beach today though.

Family members have been given a boarding time of 12-3pm tomorrow and the refund of one days passage plus $US 25.

It works out for them as they have free accommodation but I hope those who don't live near Auckland  have travel insurance for the extra nights hotel room.