Where do tour buses drop off in Florence?

NicNata

We are doing a Florence on your own tour on 10th November 2023. The tour departs at 08:45 and arrives back at 18:15. The details on the tour simply say that the trip takes about 1.5 hours and that there will be about 5 hours on your own. Florence typically needs timed entrance tickets for various attractions and in planning a walking itinerary and route, I wondered if anyone knew where the tour bus would be likely to drop us off/pick us up OR know who to contact to ask this question? I am concerned if I leave it until being onboard on 7th that it will be too late to get the timed tickets. Any advice appreciated

Last time (2022) I did this we were dropped near Santa Croce.  IMHO Five hours is too short for much.  If you have an overnight (often the case), consider spending a wonderful night in Florence.  It is magical in the late and early hours without the day trippers. 

3 minutes ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Last time (2022) I did this we were dropped near Santa Croce.  IMHO Five hours is too short for much.  If you have an overnight (often the case), consider spending a wonderful night in Florence.  It is magical in the late and early hours without the day trippers. 

Thanks we have been to Florence before so this time it is just doing a couple of more unusual things. Good suggestion though for someone who has not been before

3 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Just to clarify the above.  The meeting place is by Santa Croce, but it is a 15 to 20 minute walk from the bus drop off.   Also, check to see if you have a stop at a leather factory on the way..

The leather store is next to Santa Croce, and provides free WCs.  No need to buy anything, but a great relief at the beginning and end of your touring!

• Like 5

The leather store stop I was referring to was a stop off the highway on the way to Florence..  the whole bus spent about 30 minutes there.

Found out later that the transfer that stops in Pisa doesn’t do the the leather factory stop.

there is also a leather school behind the Santa Croce church that has fantastic items. Good prices and they ship.

• 4 months later...

Hello- I am wondering how this went?  I am looking at this tour from Azamara and wondering the same thing as to what time I can book activities.  Was the "stop" at the leather factory something you could just depart from and be on your way if not interested in shopping?  Any advice on booking things in Florence within confines of this tour?  thank you!