Bidding by Brits

Travelmadoldie

20 minutes ago, Sarnia 432 said:

We had an offer for our Queensland cruise.  The day before it sailed, we were informed it the bid was unsuccessful!

Interesting!  Most everyone here on CC reports that if the bid is not accepted then *nothing* happens...no email or notification at all.  You just don't get your upgrade!

• Like 1

Yes, 

I’ve now had emails inviting bids on my next 2 cruises. I have already received notification that my bid for a premium deluxe balcony on my Nov 10 transatlantic has been accepted. I haven’t heard yet about January. There is no page on the UK version of the website to bid (trust me I’ve tried), so it seems to be wait for the email to arrive!

I, too, have tried and failed to find any information on website so have phoned Princess UK.

The information that was supplied was from a memo and among the criteria that have to be filled are that we have to wait for an invitation, full payment has to have been made and that the booking has to have been made direct with Princess not through a TA!

The last seems to be different for us.

On 10/31/2023 at 2:11 PM, Travelmadoldie said:

I, too, have tried and failed to find any information on website so have phoned Princess UK.

The information that was supplied was from a memo and among the criteria that have to be filled are that we have to wait for an invitation, full payment has to have been made and that the booking has to have been made direct with Princess not through a TA!

The last seems to be different for us.

The last bit certainly doesn’t hold for me - both cruises I’ve had upgrade bid emails for have been booked through a TA. One thing I noticed though - I paid for my bid online via the link on the acceptance email, then Princess tried to bill my TA and get me to pay through them! I sent a screen shot of the payment details going out of my account to the TA and they gave Princess a good slap 😂

You do not have to book directly with Princess to get an upgrade offer. However we didn’t get an offer. On querying it directly with Princess and our agent, eventually we got an answer. You have to have booked the 'right' sort of fare. Unknown to us, our agent had booked a Net Fare and that fare does not qualify. Live and learn. 

Received offer by E - Mail after booking direct and when balance was paid in full, we put a minimum bid to move from Balcony to Minisuite, about £500 for a 10 day cruise.

The upgrade did not happen, I can not remember if they notified us of the outcome.  We were not to worried, We had a lively time in the room we had previously selected.