Is there a Christmas dinner?

screwsmcernst

1 hour ago, screwsmcernst said:

We are sailing the Reflection over Christmas, and I was wondering if there is a special Christmas dinner option on the menu in the MDR.  If you have sailed over Christmas, please share any special events that were offered.  Thanks.  🎅🎄

Here are the MDR menus for Christmas/New Years during our Dec 2019 Solstice sailing.  The menus are not enhanced because of the holidays and what you are looking at are menus before the recent cost savings cutbacks that have occurred this year:

Dec 24, 2019 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu

Dec 25, 2019 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu

Dec 31, 2019 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu

Jan 1, 2020 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu 

We were on Celebrity Beyond last year for Christmas and there was not a special Christmas themed menu.  We thought for sure there would be but there was not.   Christmas Day on Celebrity was just like any other day.  We were a bit disappointed. Same menu as any other sailing.    We then moved to a Royal Caribbean ship for New Years and they had a special themed menu on New Years Eve.  It was wonderful! 

Edited by csaeroach

24 minutes ago, PumpkinPatches said:

I'll be on the Silhouette this year for Christmas. I'm assuming either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day will be the first formal night. I'm curious though, are the celebrations spread out over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, or is just over one of the days? 

It is spread out between the two days with it concentrated the most around the evening of Christmas Eve and Christmas morning--if I remember correctly.  Here is the Celebrity Today for Christmas Eve and Christmas 2019 (Solstice):

Here are some Celebrity Today issues for the two holiday sailings:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XshVZ-1Da6ti5f0pDL3NQ7V8uSvN2nz4/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bGpGowLoG0nYCk6ps7NNtMzSx3hUtr-o/view?usp=drivesdk

So far on our holiday cruises, formal night (aka Evening Chic) was the evening dress code assigned to Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.

• Like 1