Carnival Spirit review, Oct 22-28 2023

jedi bobs

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

jedi bobs was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

My Review of the Carnival Spirit October 22-28th
I live in south central Kentucky, so we drove down to Mobile the day before, and had a hotel at Baymont Inn in Saraland, Al.  The next morning after breackfast we went to the port at 9:30  we had an arrival time of 10:30. The [police officer staiond outside of the port directed us to park under the brige. the Porrt parking Garage was not accepting anyone till 10am.  That was fine, I was early. at 10am we drove back around and by the time we got back to the officer he chaced us to the back of the line to enter from another road.  Finaly we did so and was parked at 11:15. Worst embarkation ever for port parking.  once we were parked it was almost smooth sailing until final scan to go to ship, when I was singled out. the lady that checked us in messed up and checked my wife in twice....grumble grumble.  Finaly got onboard and quickly did Muster Drill, and went and got Lunch.  at 1:oo cabins were ready.  Went to sail away party, same old same old, to the right, woble, electric slide ymca, yada yada yada.  went to the from and watch sail away fromfron of ship.  Went to dinner, Old Menus, GOt Straberry Bisque, Sriploin steak, and WCMC.  Went to Welcome abord show, with Erin the Cruise Director, and it was the same as usaula, and that was fine by me, but the playlisters were short 1 female dancer/singer/  Seaday 1 Breckfast Buffett Wave Morming Show,  Port Talk, lunch, 2nd Lunch, snack, DInner, 80's pop to the max, 70's/motown atreum party Comedy.  Cozmel Day, overcast to start. walked down to Del Mar Latino for the day just up from Royal Pier $40 all inclusive.  left when starting drizzling at 1:30 made it to ship at 230, sail away was early at 3:30 no pier runners everyone was on ship early.  dinner, and went to see 88 keys, decent show.  I started to have a runny nose, and tickle in throght.  Roatan:  Got off roamed a little started to rain, and rained all day.  Got back on and  back off to get some niquil and a z-pack Just in case.  Felt lick crap rest of day started z pack, Dinner/ Deal No Deal/ Love and marage.  Sea Day 2  Seaday Brunch, slow service got most everyting wrong.  slept most of Day, lido'd lunch and dinner when not sleeping.  Sea Day 3 felt batter,  Lido Breckfast Wave morning Show/ slept/lunch Q and Awsome/ slept dinner, The World works here show.  Wish they would put in We are the world by Micheal Jackson in the show.  Goodby atrium Party, Late Night Comedy, night night time. Morning debark was a brezze(plat) trip home was ok except when we got to I-24, standstill went alt route around.  

on a scale from 1-5 stars  how would I rate the ship overall, IMHO 4,5 stars, taking off for Sea Day Brunch. I can not hold the crew responsable for weather/getting sick. crapy port staff.  Would I sail Spirit againas l?  Yes as long as it is not in Mobile and it is going where I want to go, yes.

Thanks for reading

• Like 8

4 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Jeez, paragraphs are your friend and would make this much easier to read. 

exactly!!!   I had to quit reading 25% of the way through.   If you are going to take the time to write up a long review (which it looks like s/he did), please hit a few returns between paragraphs or sections.  It doesn't cost anything extra!!!  There is no character limit!

:)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

My Review of the Carnival Spirit October 22-28th
I live in south central Kentucky, so we drove down to Mobile the day before, and had a hotel at Baymont Inn in Saraland, Al.  The next morning after breackfast we went to the port at 9:30  we had an arrival time of 10:30. The [police officer staiond outside of the port directed us to park under the brige. the Porrt parking Garage was not accepting anyone till 10am.  That was fine, I was early. at 10am we drove back around and by the time we got back to the officer he chaced us to the back of the line to enter from another road.  Finaly we did so and was parked at 11:15. Worst embarkation ever for port parking.  once we were parked it was almost smooth sailing until final scan to go to ship, when I was singled out. the lady that checked us in messed up and checked my wife in twice....grumble grumble.  Finaly got onboard and quickly did Muster Drill, and went and got Lunch.  at 1:oo cabins were ready.  Went to sail away party, same old same old, to the right, woble, electric slide ymca, yada yada yada.  went to the from and watch sail away fromfron of ship.  Went to dinner, Old Menus, GOt Straberry Bisque, Sriploin steak, and WCMC.  Went to Welcome abord show, with Erin the Cruise Director, and it was the same as usaula, and that was fine by me, but the playlisters were short 1 female dancer/singer/  Seaday 1 Breckfast Buffett Wave Morming Show,  Port Talk, lunch, 2nd Lunch, snack, DInner, 80's pop to the max, 70's/motown atreum party Comedy.  Cozmel Day, overcast to start. walked down to Del Mar Latino for the day just up from Royal Pier $40 all inclusive.  left when starting drizzling at 1:30 made it to ship at 230, sail away was early at 3:30 no pier runners everyone was on ship early.  dinner, and went to see 88 keys, decent show.  I started to have a runny nose, and tickle in throght.  Roatan:  Got off roamed a little started to rain, and rained all day.  Got back on and  back off to get some niquil and a z-pack Just in case.  Felt lick crap rest of day started z pack, Dinner/ Deal No Deal/ Love and marage.  Sea Day 2  Seaday Brunch, slow service got most everyting wrong.  slept most of Day, lido'd lunch and dinner when not sleeping.  Sea Day 3 felt batter,  Lido Breckfast Wave morning Show/ slept/lunch Q and Awsome/ slept dinner, The World works here show.  Wish they would put in We are the world by Micheal Jackson in the show.  Goodby atrium Party, Late Night Comedy, night night time. Morning debark was a brezze(plat) trip home was ok except when we got to I-24, standstill went alt route around.  

on a scale from 1-5 stars  how would I rate the ship overall, IMHO 4,5 stars, taking off for Sea Day Brunch. I can not hold the crew responsable for weather/getting sick. crapy port staff.  Would I sail Spirit againas l?  Yes as long as it is not in Mobile and it is going where I want to go, yes.

Thanks for reading

Sorry you got sick.  I though a Zpack was a script.  Did you get it on the ship?

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Sorry you got sick.  I though a Zpack was a script.  Did you get it on the ship?

In the us it is, but in other parts of the world you don't need percriptions, you can walk into the pharmacy and buy what you need. they even had controled stuff that we would not be to get like lortab.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mpacker said:

exactly!!!   I had to quit reading 25% of the way through.   If you are going to take the time to write up a long review (which it looks like s/he did), please hit a few returns between paragraphs or sections.  It doesn't cost anything extra!!!  There is no character limit!

🙂

Sorry about that, I thought that I did. just rushing to get it done before I forgot something

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Bob! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your Spirit cruise. Seems like you had a good cruise despite a few bumps in the road. Sounds like the cruise parking is a nightmare. Give our best to Ann. :classic_cool:

I will Jeff.  We are planning to join you on the second leg of the Valor B2B witch will be on our actual 25th anniversery.  We plan to either make it a B2B or S2S with the liberty, not sure yet.

• Like 1

hey there JB, thanks for the review. sorry about getting sick. that is no fun on vacation. i am appreciative of insights or info i can about cruising out of Mobile, esp the parking. did you reserve parking before arrival or when you got there? if you reserved was it easy to do? its good to know not to get there until 10am. we are staying at the Holiday Inn near the pier. hopefully, it will be a nice hotel. i dont know much about Mobile at all. again, thanks for the review.

20 hours ago, bettysuetraveler said:

hey there JB, thanks for the review. sorry about getting sick. that is no fun on vacation. i am appreciative of insights or info i can about cruising out of Mobile, esp the parking. did you reserve parking before arrival or when you got there? if you reserved was it easy to do? its good to know not to get there until 10am. we are staying at the Holiday Inn near the pier. hopefully, it will be a nice hotel. i dont know much about Mobile at all. again, thanks for the review.

If you are staying at the same holiday inn that I did, and use there shuttle service then it sucks. when I was on the final cruise of ecsty I got off at 730 and didn't make it back to the hotel till 10am.

1 hour ago, jedi bobs said:

If you are staying at the same holiday inn that I did, and use there shuttle service then it sucks. when I was on the final cruise of ecsty I got off at 730 and didn't make it back to the hotel till 10am.

I had not heard that but we plan on parking at the port. Thanks for the heads up though. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the review.  I love how you get right to the point and quickly summarized your trip.  I'm sailing Spirit for spring break for the first time and your info is helpful.