Is it worth it to upgrade to PH from minisuite LA to Hawaii. 15 das

CU64

That’s a lot of price difference.  Which ship?  Time of year?  Maybe consider a Reserved Mini-suite instead?  How often do you (want to) cruise?  Can you afford it comfortably or would you rather use the difference to purchase excursions?  Maybe put in a bid instead?  Although, suites to Hawaii are often sold out.

For me, I often do a suite since there are so many sea days to enjoy the suite breakfast.  

Love the Penthouse.

We are also both seniors. In the Penthouse you have a separated room....you can youtube the different categories... So I can lay down in the afternoon & my husband can relax & watch TV or do something else without bothering me.

On the Royal class ships you have a suite lounge which we really like.

You also get priority on & off the ship & with tenders.

@CU64 Is there a concierge lounge on your sailing? The dedicated lounge really provides you with a lot of extras. That space is such a wonderful respite from the crowds. If your sailing is on a ship without the lounge, then you are mostly getting a larger room, larger bathroom facilities AND a preferential dining area for lunch and dinner, and a specialty restaurant for breakfast. Again, away from the crowds.

If you want to be out with the masses, then keep your mini-suite. If you like the idea of having dedicated dining and not lineups, go with Reserve Collection dining as suggested above.

Depends on what your priorities are. Booking a suite on a ship that has a concierge lounge really gives you as much personal service and space as one could ever want. That is what I found from my recent experience. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That’s a lot of price difference.  Which ship?  Time of year?  Maybe consider a Reserved Mini-suite instead?  How often do you (want to) cruise?  Can you afford it comfortably or would you rather use the difference to purchase excursions?  Maybe put in a bid instead?  Although, suites to Hawaii are often sold out.

For me, I often do a suite since there are so many sea days to enjoy the suite breakfast.  

6 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@CU64 Is there a concierge lounge on your sailing? The dedicated lounge really provides you with a lot of extras. That space is such a wonderful respite from the crowds. If your sailing is on a ship without the lounge, then you are mostly getting a larger room, larger bathroom facilities AND a preferential dining area for lunch and dinner, and a specialty restaurant for breakfast. Again, away from the crowds.

If you want to be out with the masses, then keep your mini-suite. If you like the idea of having dedicated dining and not lineups, go with Reserve Collection dining as suggested above.

Depends on what your priorities are. Booking a suite on a ship that has a concierge lounge really gives you as much personal service and space as one could ever want. That is what I found from my recent experience. 

Emerald,older, doubt a Lounge.March 2024. I would not pay extra for a Reserve. …same MDR food. Bidding does not secure location. Do not want aft Suite. We walk but too far away from what we do, like gym.I did take notice of getting breakfast in Sabatini’s…..this,….might be a big plus. 

Ty for your feedback.

6 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Ty for your thoughtful response.