Port Everglades to Ft. Lauderdale Airport timeline

ItsGood734

For anyone traveling from the cruise port to the airport and wondering how early of a flight you should book, here is my experience.

We arrived at berth 25 on the Holland America ms Eurodam on October 28, 2023 at around 7am.  Also arriving around the same time was Holland America ms Nieuw Amsterdam, Celebrity Equinox and Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas.  Here is my brief timeline:

6:47 in line for disembark (about tenth in line)
7:32 disembark
7:35 wait for elevator (anyone with more than one rolling luggage had to take the elevator). While on the elevator about 100 passengers taking the escalator passed us in line, that's how slow it was!)
7:40 through security - just show passport
7:43 call Uber
7:56 Uber (Uber driver mistakenly went to berth 21 (across the street) first)
8:03 Arrive FLL
8:12 tag and dropped off luggage
8:22 cleared security (we had CLEAR and TSA-pre, but the lines weren't that long)
8:30 at gate

10:05 - our scheduled flight departure time

I was initially concerned about the timing but the reality was we had nothing to worry about.  Hope this helps.

On 10/31/2023 at 2:47 PM, ItsGood734 said:

For anyone traveling from the cruise port to the airport and wondering how early of a flight you should book, here is my experience.

We arrived at berth 25 on the Holland America ms Eurodam on October 28, 2023 at around 7am.  Also arriving around the same time was Holland America ms Nieuw Amsterdam, Celebrity Equinox and Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas.  Here is my brief timeline:

6:47 in line for disembark (about tenth in line)
7:32 disembark
7:35 wait for elevator (anyone with more than one rolling luggage had to take the elevator). While on the elevator about 100 passengers taking the escalator passed us in line, that's how slow it was!)
7:40 through security - just show passport
7:43 call Uber
7:56 Uber (Uber driver mistakenly went to berth 21 (across the street) first)
8:03 Arrive FLL
8:12 tag and dropped off luggage
8:22 cleared security (we had CLEAR and TSA-pre, but the lines weren't that long)
8:30 at gate

10:05 - our scheduled flight departure time

I was initially concerned about the timing but the reality was we had nothing to worry about.  Hope this helps.

Yes...FLL is best airport when departing a cruise. Had a similar experience on RCL when cruising Odyssey of Seas last year. We didn't rush off ship....Began disembark process at 8am.... off ship and  through customs and at curb for a cab by 8:30. At TSA at 8;50.... At gate at 9:30 for a 10:50 flight. Waiting time in security at airport longer than leaving ship and driving to Airport!!

10 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

And if your ship comes in late, or is not cleared by customs, BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why we stay an extra day and chill at a nice  hotel. Been on too many cruises and have seen it all.

I don't really care if it happens after the cruise....I can deal with rebooking. Never had a close call in 25+ cruises and almost always leave between 10-12 noon. Now pre cruise we always fly in the day before

When I fly Southwest (which I was), I usually book wanna get away. But this time I booked wanna get away plus, just in case I had to move back my flight and didn’t want to have to pay any change fees.  So I wasn’t not thinking that there could be a delay.