Shore Excursion ends after Ship leaves

richmke

On the Epic departing November 8. It is one of the itineraries affected by the conditions in Israel.

Originally, the ship docked in Santorini at Noon, and departed at 9:00, and I purchased the Greek Style Celebration that departed at 12:45 and returned at 6:15.

The revised itinerary has the ship tendering at 8:00 am and leaving at 6:00. The shore excursion shows the same time, ending at 6:15.

Santorini is a tender port, as well as a Cable Car from the end of the tour, Fira, to the tender port, which can have a line as long as 1.5 hours.

Any guess what NCL will do? Moving the start time to 9am, would put the meal part of the excursion around Noon, which is reasonable. Then we would have time to visit Fira and wait in a cable car line.

1 hour ago, richmke said:

On the Epic departing November 8. It is one of the itineraries affected by the conditions in Israel.

Originally, the ship docked in Santorini at Noon, and departed at 9:00, and I purchased the Greek Style Celebration that departed at 12:45 and returned at 6:15.

The revised itinerary has the ship tendering at 8:00 am and leaving at 6:00. The shore excursion shows the same time, ending at 6:15.

Santorini is a tender port, as well as a Cable Car from the end of the tour, Fira, to the tender port, which can have a line as long as 1.5 hours.

Any guess what NCL will do? Moving the start time to 9am, would put the meal part of the excursion around Noon, which is reasonable. Then we would have time to visit Fira and wait in a cable car line.

It will either be adjusted or cancelled. If they don't send you an email about it before you board go and see the shore excursions desk when they open on embarkation day

1 hour ago, richmke said:

Especially considering you are one week from departure, why not call the NCL shorex department now and ask them about it?

It could still be up in the air, but they may have an answer even though it is not yet reflected in the online schedule yet.

2 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Especially considering you are one week from departure, why not call the NCL shorex department now and ask them about it?

It could still be up in the air, but they may have an answer even though it is not yet reflected in the online schedule yet.

I talked with them yesterday when I changed a different excursion. Rep said to check onboard.

6 hours ago, richmke said:

"NCL" does nothing. Tour vendors provide all of the shore excursions at all ports. "NCL" does not run any excursions.

With the revised port call times, it is up to the tour provider to determine if they can provide some/any/no shore excursions to NCL (e.g., if they already have tours to another ship earlier in the day, then they may opt out of providing tours to NCL on their revised schedule). 

Keep checking with the NCL shore excursion number to see if they have updated your tour times. 

This is a complete guess, as is any other suggestion. I would expect them to cut the tour short as opposed to start it earlier. They have pre-booked the tour vendor's times and arranged for transportation already. Keeping it as close to the original times would be the most convenient. 

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

They have pre-booked the tour vendor's times and arranged for transportation already. Keeping it as close to the original times would be the most convenient. 

New day (went from day 5 to day 12), so the pre-booked times are not applicable. Too late to figure out if they took the Day 12 from another ship that was scheduled to dock. But, I have 11 days on board to discuss the options with the excursion desk.

6 hours ago, richmke said:

New day (went from day 5 to day 12), so the pre-booked times are not applicable. Too late to figure out if they took the Day 12 from another ship that was scheduled to dock. But, I have 11 days on board to discuss the options with the excursion desk.

Wow, you left that tidbit out of your original post.

It does open the chances of even greater issues with the tour operators.