Day in Freeport with rental car and snorkeling gear

jean87510

Used Island jeep rentals right at port.  Car was automatic.  Not great shape but got us around!  Gas station is right near port.  We were given a map but had already pinned locations we wanted to visit on google maps.  

Visited Lucayan caves and gold rock beach.  $22 for 2 people.  It was ok.  One and done in my estimate.  Spent 20 minutes here.  Went across street to gold rock beach.  Another one and done as we have sand flea bites from this area!  Some trash noted as well.

Drove to Deadmans reef/paradise beach.  Wow!!  Best snorkeling!!  $5 pp to enter.  We bought lunch and drinks.  Set up a paygo system with our cc.  Snorkeled all over and saw an amazing reef plus stingrays and turtles.  They do rent kayaks, snorkeling gear.  Nicest family runs this place.  I almost hesitate to share but fellow snorkelers will love this.  It's the 2nd spot I've been to on this island that has great snorkeling.  We stayed until my alarm went off to remind us to go back.  They do offer transportation and cruise packages.

PA300026.JPG

PA300045-1.JPG

PA300030-1.JPG

PA300010-1.JPG