Plus Package Clarification

Luv2CtheMouse9

Just now, Al1952 said:

How did you guys like the Premier package as compared to the Plus package?

It's been nice having reserved seating for production shows. Our traveling partners are wine connoisseurs so they enjoy the "premium" wines. And we've taken advantage of the photo package...but as to whether or not it's really worth it...hmmm, probably not.  (For us, anyway. )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, to get back to the original question…sort of, lol,  is there no canned pop to be found on board for those with the Plus?  On vacation I do love to have a Coke at my bedside while I read before going to sleep.  A freshly opened can is 100 times fizzier than the flat stuff you get from a fountain.  But a six-pack (if that’s all they will allow on embarkation day) isn’t going to go very far on a 14-night cruise.

2 hours ago, puzzums said:

So, to get back to the original question…sort of, lol,  is there no canned pop to be found on board for those with the Plus?  On vacation I do love to have a Coke at my bedside while I read before going to sleep.  A freshly opened can is 100 times fizzier than the flat stuff you get from a fountain.  But a six-pack (if that’s all they will allow on embarkation day) isn’t going to go very far on a 14-night cruise.

Yes can soda at the bars is included in the plus package. We have picked up one or two unopened cans as we pass to restock out mini bar. Carry on at embarkation is a 12 pack of cans per person, We have not had issues with carrying on pop at port stops even if in plastic bottles. 

3 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Yes can soda at the bars is included in the plus package. We have picked up one or two unopened cans as we pass to restock out mini bar. Carry on at embarkation is a 12 pack of cans per person, We have not had issues with carrying on pop at port stops even if in plastic bottles. 

What Brad of cans have you been able to get on one of the Princess packages.  For us it has always been fountain soda.

something new?

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

What Brad of cans have you been able to get on one of the Princess packages.  For us it has always been fountain soda.

something new?

I know they were giving can soda as included in Plus or Premier packages when we were on the Majestic sailing Sydney to LA last April, so at least 8 months ago, do you consider 8 months ago ‘new’?

Cans I have seen are Coke, Diet Coke, Caffeine free versions,  ,Ginger  ale, Sprite and Diet Sprite or Zero instead of Diet. Believe it depends on where in the world being supplied, as Diet is not available in some places but Zero is. Fanta orange soda. 

The description on the Princess website states ‘fountain’ soda for both packages, so it has not been updated, surprised?

When the packages were first introduced, it was fountain soda only.

Edited by wallyj

On 11/3/2023 at 6:58 AM, Cruisintimer said:

I am not going to call you anything but instead repeat what I said earlier some people like to abide by the rules, some don't.  Personal choice is what it is, a choice.  Every choice has a consequence, I prefer to play by the rules.

What are the consequences if I ignore the rules and bring water onboard. Princess don't seen to care. 

9 hours ago, jagoffee said:

something new?

Not sure when or if on all ships but at least for our last two cruises on Regal and Sapphire.

On 11/2/2023 at 2:10 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

@Luv2CtheMouse9 we always book Plus and lately we've been trying Premier...but we also pre-order the water package. It's really convenient to have 12 bottles of water just waiting for you in your cabin when you arrive. It's the best $7.08 bargain to be had on board! Just remember to pop several into the fridge right away so they can be cooling. 

Did you know that you can also call room service and they will deliver the bottled water to your stateroom for you and it’s covered under the package.  We have been able to order up to 12 bottles at a time and it is delivered promptly.  I know the $7 isn’t a lot but you could put that or some of that towards tipping for the delivery instead.  
Gone are those days when you can’t order deliveries for food and drink on embarkation day.  

Sorry .. I was one that went off topic on my last two posts.  Hopefully, it will help the OP and here is an answer to the question about tipping extra.  

If you choose to have extra tips go to a specific crew member, you will have to do so in cash.  
We asked to place it on our folio against our leftover OBC and found out that while you can do so, it goes fleet wide and is used for salaries across the board.  

11 hours ago, wallyj said:

I know they were giving can soda as included in Plus or Premier packages when we were on the Majestic sailing Sydney to LA last April, so at least 8 months ago, do you consider 8 months ago ‘new’?

Cans I have seen are Coke, Diet Coke, Caffeine free versions,  ,Ginger  ale, Sprite and Diet Sprite or Zero instead of Diet. Believe it depends on where in the world being supplied, as Diet is not available in some places but Zero is. Fanta orange soda. 

The description on the Princess website states ‘fountain’ soda for both packages, so it has not been updated, surprised?

When the packages were first introduced, it was fountain soda only.

3 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Not sure when or if on all ships but at least for our last two cruises on Regal and Sapphire.

3 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

and I can confirm cans included with Plus on Enchanted and Sky in the last few months.

Thank you to everyone for the good news. My last Princess cruise was on the Emerald in January and cans were not included.  I am so pleased and it looks like I will be able to get my favorite CF Diet Coke.  It has always been a slight negative for me with Princess.

Awesome