Trivia Games on Viking Mars? Viking Ocean Cruises

dkata

The review of the Viking Mars on this website:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruise/viking-ocean/viking-mars/activities

States:

Notably, activities like trivia or "name that tune" contests are not offered onboard Viking Mars."

Is this true? It's hard to believe that a sailing with 10 of 17 days at sea,(we are on the Panama Canal cruise on 1/3/24) wouldn't have this activity.

We have sailed on a viking river cruise in Europe and even those small ships had some type of trivia activity.

As you may guess, I like the trivia contest activities.

Please tell me the above review is wrong...

We were just on Mars in zoctober.  Don’t believe these lies you heard.  We had trivia in the Star theatre nearly every day at 12:15!! 

we also have it on EVERY OTHE VIKING OCEAN CRUISE we’ve been on.  Again someone is spreading untruths.

have fun!  They are fun!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Frisky070802 said:

There is trivia on sea days, but I’d you care enough about trivia to ask about it, you may be disappointed. 

Please explain your response. We found that depending on who was running it, it was good or not so good. The Viking Daily tells you who that will be.

2 hours ago, Squawkman said:

Please explain your response. We found that depending on who was running it, it was good or not so good. The Viking Daily tells you who that will be.

Totally agree!  Sometimes fantastic and sometimes not good at all.   Some were entertaining and challenging and some were boring and way to easy so pretty much everyone got everything except one that might be more country (like Canada) answerable.   For us they've usually been 15-20 questions and held in the Star Theatre.  We won't go if it's in Explorers Lounge later in the day - it was always way to hard to hear anything (too much clatter, other groups, and background noise).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Squawkman said:

I meant that someone who specifically asks about trivia may be used to "pub trivia" or even more interesting/challenging online trivia leagues.  We did trivia the first day it was offered, in the Star Theater, and it was vaguely entertaining, but after having done online/pub trivia for a few years, we chose to skip it the other time it was offered.  That's not to say I would never do it, just that it proved not to be attractive enough to go out of our way.  

This is totally my opinion; I'm not trying to start a flame war with those people who enjoy it!  I only meant that, given someone was specifically asking about it, they should possibly temper their expectations.  It's just like the difference between a tournament bridge player and casual living room bridge ... neither one may find it terribly enjoyable playing with the other, compared to what they're used to, but it's still a way to pass the time.  

Thank you all that replied. I do pub trivia every week and I have also done many cruise ship trivia activities. It's all good to me. I look forward to our cruise and participating in the ship's trivia activities.

54 minutes ago, dkata said:

Thank you all that replied. I do pub trivia every week and I have also done many cruise ship trivia activities. It's all good to me. I look forward to our cruise and participating in the ship's trivia activities.

You'll have fun!  Especially if it is in the Star Theatre!

Winning team would get mimosa's for each team member.

• Like 1