Future Cruise Credit disappointment - buyer beware

1Virgo

14 hours ago, tschwa2 said:

I think in the past the perks (other than the OBC) weren't locked in either, they just happened to be the same for those years.  You are locking in the rate and the perks associated with the rates  that are available at the time of booking.  

no as to rate being locked in.    We ve done this many times.     ie if a cruise was offered at say $5000 onboard, that did not mean when you finally  booked, you would pay $5000.   The rate might  be higher when you book, or lower.   Sometimes the CVP has an option to give you a slightly lower rate     

On 11/2/2023 at 8:10 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Did they lay off all the CVP's ?     Sure seems like shooting themselves in the foot 

Many were laid off....according to my CVP (who wasn't) they only employ 10+ now to handle their own and the laid off CVP's clients.  All else are directed through the NEW general CS dept located offshore (can't mention where).  I understand now why emails and phone calls take time to answer.