Comparing "sales" on beverage packages

surgie

I am trying to keep on top of the ever-changing pricing on beverage packages so I can cancel and rebook mine if there is a price drop. Right now our sailing has 20% off making the sale price $79.99 per day. Do I add 18% for gratuities to this making the cost approximately $94 per day x 7 days = $658? I am not able to do a mock purchase and add it to my cart since I have already purchased it several months ago. 

35 minutes ago, surgie said:

I am trying to keep on top of the ever-changing pricing on beverage packages so I can cancel and rebook mine if there is a price drop. Right now our sailing has 20% off making the sale price $79.99 per day. Do I add 18% for gratuities to this making the cost approximately $94 per day x 7 days = $658? I am not able to do a mock purchase and add it to my cart since I have already purchased it several months ago. 

Which ship and what is your sail date?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surgie said:

Yes.  The 18% is added to the "sales" price.  They tend to fluctuate between the 20% off and BOGO50 (effectively 25% off) off the "on board" price.  Black Friday sales (starting around 11/18/23) may offer your best chance for a lower rate.  Although I did recently sale on the Harmony and about 5 weeks out they started offering a 30% off sale.  Finally, someone had posted a "spreadsheet" where you could input the sailing information for any ship/date and it would pull the information and see what sales were going on, even for ships you did not have a reservation.  Really a pretty cool little program.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I noticed the "base price" of the drink package just went up $5 for the first time since I've been watching it, probably so they can offer a bigger "discount" for Black Friday and still net out about the same.

Yep...I noticed the same thing a few days ago on both of our upcoming Icon sailings in '24.  They will net the same within a dollar or two.  Low blow in my opinion for those that have been checking prices and waiting for the upcoming Black Friday sale.  We're strongly considering canceling one if not both of these sailings due to their greed.

We'll be on Odyssey Thanksgiving week and pre-purchased the soda package and water.  Let the good times roll! 😞 

Edited by captainkurt