Specialty Dining Reservations for 8 guests

53 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

When booking specialty dining, it states you can book for up to 8 guests.  Do you have to provide booking #'s and names for all guests when reserving? Also, must your cruise be paid in full prior to booking specialty dining?  

Booking and paying are 2 distinct transactions.  When you book SR it is charged to your CC immediately.  I have a family sail in March and it's a party of 8 and comprise of 4 cabins in total.  The 4 reservations are linked, and I went into my planner and was able to book not only dining reserves, but also entertainment and excursions.

The cruise does not need to be paid in full, but you will need to pay for all the people for whom you make reservations. You will need each reservation number, the last name of one person on the reservation and that person's birth date. This will link your reservations and then you can (usually) make reservations for everyone. If one party has booked in a different currency or in a different TA's group you will not be able to make reservations for everyone as a group.

You might be able to make reservations for everyone if you call.

19 minutes ago, Tudy said:

The cruise does not need to be paid in full, but you will need to pay for all the people for whom you make reservations. You will need each reservation number, the last name of one person on the reservation and that person's birth date. This will link your reservations and then you can (usually) make reservations for everyone. If one party has booked in a different currency or in a different TA's group you will not be able to make reservations for everyone as a group.

You might be able to make reservations for everyone if you call.

Thank you.  That info is exactly what I needed.

Well that was "fun" trying to book specialty dining for 8 people on my account.  Here is the message I received and neither is  true.   I understand it was 1 1/2 hour wait for a RCCL call contact???

"Because these guests have a different booking currency or group ID, they must make their own reservations"

2 hours ago, silversneakers said:

Well that was "fun" trying to book specialty dining for 8 people on my account.  Here is the message I received and neither is  true.   I understand it was 1 1/2 hour wait for a RCCL call contact???

"Because these guests have a different booking currency or group ID, they must make their own reservations"

That message is exactly what I get when everyone does not have the same TA or is in a different country.

Here is what I have done and what I would recommend: Now that you are linked, you can purchase anything you want to anyone you want. You just have to pay for it. Purchase (If you know that they will repay you) specialty dining for everyone for the same place at the same time. Then you can call at your convenience and have the reservations combined. Or you can just go to the maitre D of the restaurant when you board and ask to be seated together.

2 hours ago, Tudy said:

That message is exactly what I get when everyone does not have the same TA or is in a different country.

Here is what I have done and what I would recommend: Now that you are linked, you can purchase anything you want to anyone you want. You just have to pay for it. Purchase (If you know that they will repay you) specialty dining for everyone for the same place at the same time. Then you can call at your convenience and have the reservations combined. Or you can just go to the maitre D of the restaurant when you board and ask to be seated together.

Thank you.  The issue has been resolved directly with RCCL via TA.

• Like 1