Turning over to Agency and price reduction - personal experience

FrankieSue

There has been a few discussions regarding turning a booking over to a Big Box Agency and also about getting price match when price goes down.  Well today I did both, I turned over our Next booking to Big Box Agency and they secured the lower price from Princess…. It was all done in a very simple seamless way and I could not be happier… The Agency took care of everything with Princess, confirmed everything to me and we saved a lot of money… Could not have been easier…We retained original cabin booked, package purchased, and all incentives received from Princess….. the only thing that changed aside from the lower price, is the booking number….

Edited by FrankieSue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FrankieSue said:

There has been a few discussions regarding turning a booking over to a Big Box Agency and also about getting price match when price goes down.  Well today I did both, I turned over our Next Fall booking to Big Box Agency and they secured the lower price from Princess…. It was all done in a very simple seamless way and I could not be happier… The Agency took care of everything with Princess, confirmed everything to me and we saved a lot of money… Could not have been easier…We retained original cabin booked, package purchased, and all incentives received from Princess….. the only thing that changed aside from the lower price, is the booking number….

May I ask you if it was a Canadian company or US and if you were booking in USD or CAD? 

1 minute ago, sunviking90 said:

May I ask you if it was a Canadian company or US and if you were booking in USD or CAD? 

Canadian company, and the booking is in CAD $ …. I just had to stay on the line for a bit while the Agency was dealing with Princess, then got a confirmation when all was done…. It was amazingly simple.

• Thanks 1

You said you got a new booking number.  That means the agency cancelled the first booking and then rebooked.  Sounds like the incentives today were the same as when you originally booked.  One would have to be careful doing it this way because someone else could have swooped in and got your cabin before the big box agent rebooked.  Also, if the price had gone Up and you were trying to transfer (because of an incentive they had offered), then your price would have gone up.  Usually what is done instead of a rebooking is a refare.  You retain the original booking number.

I'm glad it worked for you.

27 minutes ago, dickinson said:

You said you got a new booking number.  That means the agency cancelled the first booking and then rebooked.  Sounds like the incentives today were the same as when you originally booked.  One would have to be careful doing it this way because someone else could have swooped in and got your cabin before the big box agent rebooked.  Also, if the price had gone Up and you were trying to transfer (because of an incentive they had offered), then your price would have gone up.  Usually what is done instead of a rebooking is a refare.  You retain the original booking number.

I'm glad it worked for you.

I had the Big Box doing it and they were handling the booking with Princess and making sure that I was not losing anything… they confirmed that the only change would be the lower price….