Really good PCC recommendation?

Jesyth

Hope this post is okay, haven't read the rules in a while about recommendations.

Does anyone have a REALLY GOOD PCC that they feel is competent/responsive? I've got a fair amount of medical stuff that requires coordinating with the ship and while I'm perfectly capable of booking on my own, I've found it is a *much* better experience for me if someone takes care of it and then I have someone to go through who can actually fix stuff if the ball is dropped instead of the complete run around with me calling NCL directly, which has happened when I just book myself. Just less stress. Also, I'm all for helping someone get a piece of the pie. That said..

I had a WONDERFUL one for the last 7 years, but he left early this year to go work for a luxury line 😭 . He was able to do things I frequently see people saying their PCC "can't do" or that they "don't do", so I'm really looking for a new top notch person who is really good with working the system that is apparently just as dreadful on the backend as it is fon the front facing site. The new one they assigned me at random is genuinely terrible. Doesn't call back when indicated I could take a call (like in a 4 hour daytime window), doesn't return emails. Just eventually calls and leaves a message saying "hey i got your message, call me back" during a time I clearly indicated in said message I would be unavailable 🤦‍♀️. It's not inspiring confidence. I tried another that a friend recommended who "doesn't really do work stuff after hours or on weekends" which is not enormously helpful considering I ALSO have a work schedule. (BTW that's totally their prerogative, just not a good fit for me). This is day 5 now of wanting to book something very time sensitive so I'd REALLY like someone who wants to make a booking (and secure a customer that usually cruises several times a year) like, now. So if you've got a good one.. give me the details!

I often cruise on (very) short notice so someone who doesn't have an issue giving their cell or who checks their messages/responds NOT just during their set by NCL hours is definitely ideal. Basically I don't bother people just to chat - if I'm contacting you there's pretty much a guaranteed booking coming your way, lol. 

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunate.  Genuinely curious as to why? Not trying to be confrontational, just actually curious. Since they're not "real" TAs I wouldn't expect people to be self promoting or anything like that. Everyone talks about their unicorn PCCs on here so it's kind of a bummer when you don't have one and can't get the info for one 🙃

11 minutes ago, Jesyth said:

Unfortunate.  Genuinely curious as to why? Not trying to be confrontational, just actually curious. Since they're not "real" TAs I wouldn't expect people to be self promoting or anything like that. Everyone talks about their unicorn PCCs on here so it's kind of a bummer when you don't have one and can't get the info for one 🙃

Against Cruise Critic policy. 

19 minutes ago, Jesyth said:

PCC's may not be "real TAs" but they still work on commission, which is the why.  In other words may be self promoting.  I am always careful to browse cruises while logged out of my account knowing I'll get a phone call if I don't log out.

Edited by davencl

Yeah, I meant why about the policy, which I guess Dave sort of answered. Oh well, off to reddit where I can get actual help (a sentence that is rarely said when not in jest). Those of you who have good PCCs, consider yourselves lucky!

We have a great PCC and I've recommended him to several people while on past cruises. I know many have ended up using him. That's a great way to get a recommendation...or on other social media sites.

Edited by schmoopie17

You don't need a PCC. You need to use a Google Document to write up a cohesive document with your needs that can be altered for each cruise and then cut and pasted.

Then, 45 to 60 days prior to your sail date, fill out https://nclh.my.salesforce-sites.com/AccessDeskForm/

Get the case number that they email to you. About 30 days prior to sailing, call the Dedicated Access Coordinators at 866-584-9756 and go through it and double check everything. 

Once these things are done, the NCL Access Desk people and the ship crew do an amazing job of getting everything done. If you sail on short notice a lot, then just use the phone number, but they can't guarantee everything will be done.

• Like 1