Miami to Miami - November 3-17, 2023

InsGuy3

2 hours ago, frankhi said:

I'm in 6090 in January, I'm guessing that's next door to you. If you happen to see the current occupants please ask if they are experiencing the same problem. Thanks

I spoke to our Residence Butler about 6090 (also the Butler for 6090) and he said there are no noise issues in that Suite. They haven’t fixed the noise issue in 6089 as yet. That Residence Suite is still vacant and so he is assigned to us.

1 hour ago, InsGuy3 said:

I spoke to our Residence Butler about 6090 (also the Butler for 6090) and he said there are no noise issues in that Suite. They haven’t fixed the noise issue in 6089 as yet. That Residence Suite is still vacant and so he is assigned to us.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. I wish I had 100% confidence in the butler's claim. Obviously the problem in your cabin on Explora and mine on Nova was known before we boarded. There is no way it could have gone unreported, and yet, with both ships far from full, they put us in there anyhow. Thanks, again.

On 11/12/2023 at 12:15 PM, Hlitner said:

Like most cruise lines, EJ lists the port times in the local time applicable to each port. 

Hank

Explora told me it would stay on Pacific time, which is why I was asking for clarification. 

21 hours ago, frankhi said:

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. I wish I had 100% confidence in the butler's claim. Obviously the problem in your cabin on Explora and mine on Nova was known before we boarded. There is no way it could have gone unreported, and yet, with both ships far from full, they put us in there anyhow. Thanks, again.

We are in 6086 I ask the people in 6090 they said no issues with room. Our room is very quiet except you will here the lounge on 5 sometimes. But there is usually nothing after 10 pm so all is good 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/13/2023 at 9:10 AM, frankhi said:

They haven’t fixed the noise issue in 6089 as yet.

We are booked in 6089 in March. Sure hope they have fixed the noise problem by then. At the price we are paying we don't need sleepless nights! Any updates?

13 hours ago, CJANDH said:

We are booked in 6089 in March. Sure hope they have fixed the noise problem by then. At the price we are paying we don't need sleepless nights! Any updates?

I will ask my Butler when he brings breakfast in about an hour. 

I see the Residence guests have exclusive access to Ocean House, so are the Lighthouse bar and Food Truck the only food available for the rest of passengers?  I see no mention the island buffet will be open.

Captain just came on to say that due to high winds, cross seas, and strong currents we will reassess whether we will dock at Ocean Cay in a couple hours. We are currently very close to the channel markers to the Ocean Cay dock but will hold off now. Weather is supposed to improve by then.

16 hours ago, CJANDH said:

Per our Butler, a maintenance crew is coming on board when we get to Miami tomorrow to tackle the noise issue in 6089. Also, no one is booked for the next cruise in that Suite.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

Bummer! Ocean Cay stopover has been cancelled due to weather. Oh well. We have another sea day.

Sorry to hear that. It’s still quite wild in Miami so no beach chairs for us today 

IMG_2381.jpeg

• Like 1

We are now safely docked at Terminal E in Port of Miami. Shucks! Debarking begins at 8:15 am and all guests need to vacate their suites before 8:00 am. Ril Rouge, Emporium, and Crema are open for breakfast now until 9 am. All guests are required to leave the ship before 9:30 am. It’s been a lot of fun!! Until next time!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, uktog said:

Thanks for all your posts and updates. They have been so balanced and helpful. Sorry we have to throw you off so we can get on. 
Safe travels and hope we sail with you one day 

Thank you. Appreciate your feedback. Have a wonderful cruise and I hope we meet someday!!!!

• Like 1