Miami to Miami - November 3-17, 2023

InsGuy3

InsGuy3,

How are  the excursions? What are some of the activities for guests on a sea day? 

It seems like your informative  trip report has devolved into a comparison among some posters many of which have not been on board yet, about other cruise lines. . So sorry  that this has happened to your thread.

4 minutes ago, Azulann said:

InsGuy3,

How are  the excursions? What are some of the activities for guests on a sea day? 

It seems like your informative  trip report has devolved into a comparison among some posters many of which have not been on board yet, about other cruise lines. . So sorry  that this has happened to your thread.

If you read the daily programs he posted, and that were posted on the thread covering the previous cruise, you’ll know precisely what the activities are. 

The excursions are just like any other mainstream cruise line. Same vendors as MSC. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2023 at 5:00 PM, sasejm said:

On one of these threads, I read that the retractable glass roof was non-operational. This may have already been asked and answered. Does anyone know if the retractable glass roof has been fixed and is operational?

Ed

It was open today 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Arizonasunshine said:

Not only free but great, the fastest I have had on a ship.

Was checking the internet speed during our 14 days onboard.

These are some of the results.

Oct 20 - Nov 3

IMG_2928.png

Edited by isai
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, InsGuy3 said:

We are in a Residence Suite and do not feel that we have special privileges over other passengers.

One perk Explora mentioned for Residences was private priority tendering from that lower aft lounge area.  Is there anything like that?

1 hour ago, Até said:

One perk Explora mentioned for Residences was private priority tendering from that lower aft lounge area.  Is there anything like that?

I’m sorry I cannot confirm nor deny since we have not yet been ashore as yet using the tender. This is our 7-8 time in the Caribbean and we had spent 4 years in the Caribbean sailing around in our own boat. But just confirmed with our Residence Butler that such a perk does exist. You don’t need to wait in line. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Funny thing. You posted this just as my DW told me I had to pay for 3 devices for her no matter what the cost. I dare not ask her your question......

Reason being is that you can use 3 devices with a standard account, just not simultaneously.  So unless she is a serious multi-tasker, she would be fine as it logs you into the new device and disconnects the other.

This is in contrast to some cruise lines where it is one dedicated device per person - as opposed to one login per person at a time.

And for the times where two might be needed simultaneously, she could always use your login for one of them.

(Why does this remind me of the days of drug dealers with multiple phones AND multiple pagers?)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2023 at 6:38 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

Anybody on board now visiting Deshaies, Basse-Terre Island Guadeloupe taking the "Death in Paradise" tour today can report ?

DW and I went on this tour. She loves the show. The tour guide walks you into town explaining about the show but also giving you an overview of the history of the island etc…. He takes you to the Police Station where you can take pictures at the desks, in the cells and so on. He then takes you to Catherine’s Bar which was closed on the day we went — he said normally you could have a beer on the deck. Again photo opportunity. You join the coach (there were only 4 of us on the tour and we had a 45 seater coach!) — all 4 of us wanted the morning tour but were told it was fully booked, I asked the guide how many people were on the morning tour and he said he had 10 people. I don’t know why they didn’t just add us to the morning tour and then they could have cancelled the afternoon tour. 

Anyway I digress, the coach took us to La Perle beach and he takes you onto the beach and you see the location of the Inspector’s beach house — the house was dismantled a few weeks ago after filming stopped. You rejoin the coach and go to a beach club on Grande Anse beach where you get a rum cocktail and a basket of a vegetarian local dish (a bit like vegetable Pakora). You have a seat and table and have c. 45 minutes at the beach. I think the tour was about 2.5 hours long.

Note: we went ashore early and walked to the Police Station and Catherine’s Bar on our own. Then had a beer on the deck of the bar next to Catherines. You would have to pay 15 Euro or $20pp to go into the Police Station on your own. The town is close to the tender dock and is a very small town and easy to find the locations.

We all enjoyed the tour even though the heat and humidity was oppressive. If you are not that bothered about the beach location then you can visit the Police Station and Catherine’s Bar (I think it’s real name was Madras Restaurant) on your own for $20pp.

I also think that you could book a tour on your own, over the internet, which was cheaper and looked like they took you to a couple of extra locations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Até said:

Given the ship is sailing half empty, it’s simply not needed. We had 2 tender ports on our recent cruise and every time there were less than 10 people on the tender. (We were in a Residence suite.) 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Critically Cruising said:

Reason being is that you can use 3 devices with a standard account, just not simultaneously.  So unless she is a serious multi-tasker, she would be fine as it logs you into the new device and disconnects the other.

This is in contrast to some cruise lines where it is one dedicated device per person - as opposed to one login per person at a time.

And for the times where two might be needed simultaneously, she could always use your login for one of them.

(Why does this remind me of the days of drug dealers with multiple phones AND multiple pagers?)

I’m not sure this is accurate. On our recent cruise, both my iPhone and my laptop were connected to my WiFi account simultaneously without any issues. I did not have to log out the one to activate the other.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

We were upgraded to the Owners Residence yesterday after the prior guests debarked in San Juan. Wonderful suite! Here are some of the pictures.

Congratulations, that’s fantastic.

It looks amazing, enjoy every minute

• Like 3

Smashing, good for you. 

On deck 6 smoke from the Cafe shouldn’t be a problem on the Portside , correct?

Anyone else on the Honolulu to Vancouver cruise? I wonder if it will be full? Maybe mostly sea days as they still have Lahaina on the itinerary and of course that won’t happen. 
we love the sea days and have been to the Hawaiian islands many times.

Cheers, Heather