Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

15 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

If anyone wants to compare that chef’s table to the one I had on Carnival Magic, you can see that one here:

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/chefs-table-on-carnival-magic/

I think I like Carnivals better. Have only done one chef's table on the Celebration. It was a fantastic experience but I don't think I could do another. Too much food, a little too long.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I think I like Carnivals better. Have only done one chef's table on the Celebration. It was a fantastic experience but I don't think I could do another. Too much food, a little too long.

I think carnival had the overall experience. A more thorough galley tour. A break for a pastry demonstration. A

break for a magician. We met the entire team of chefs that worked on it.

Princess was fancier. Higher level of personnel running it. Carnival was a sous chef with an appearance from the exec. Princess had Individual photos instead of group. Multiple wines instead of one. Lobster instead of sea bass. But $40 more as well.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 13

This is a stupid venue it was packed 10’mins before the show. CD said she picked this location because of the cameras for close up Magic. They don’t have cameras in the larger venues? We saw the piano playing in the main lounge last night.

IMG_7475.jpeg

IMG_7476.jpeg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think carnival had the overall experience. A more thorough galley tour. A break for a pastry demonstration. A

Princess was fancier. Higher level of personnel running it. Carnival was a sous chef with an appearance from the exec. Princess had Individual photos instead of group. Multiple wines instead of one. Lobster instead of sea bass. But $40 more as well.

It did look fancier, that's partly why I would prefer Carnival, looked a little stuffy lol. We had a family seated across from us with a funny not obnoxious drunk person that kept the table entertained all evening. Definitely would have preferred individual photos.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I'm very surprised that you didn't get individual or couple pictures as well as the group pic. We have always had both for the Chef's Table (we've been to 4 in the last 2 years). They used to have the first course and champagne in the galley before COVID. It didn't look like you did even though you had a galley tour (which has been added back in since we last went in May)?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This is a stupid venue it was packed 10’mins before the show. CD said she picked this location because of the cameras for close up Magic. They don’t have cameras in the larger venues? We saw the piano playing in the main lounge last night.

IMG_7475.jpeg

IMG_7476.jpeg

Strange - again, we saw him in the main theatre and yes they had the camera they projected on a large screen to follow his close up card trick.  The theatre was packed.  That little theatre is way too tiny!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

I'm very surprised that you didn't get individual or couple pictures as well as the group pic. We have always had both for the Chef's Table (we've been to 4 in the last 2 years). They used to have the first course and champagne in the galley before COVID. It didn't look like you did even though you had a galley tour (which has been added back in since we last went in May)?

i enjoyed the non-group. I took my solo picture and avoided the awkward situation I had on magic when they wanted me in a group photo everyone would get and I had to tell them I couldn’t take a photo because it was against my religion. It was a bigger deal than I thought. They really did not like it.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 22

As you may have noticed I haven’t eaten lunch. With today’s rare situation I’ve been keeping that last casual in my backpocket knowing fredos would be open all day. 

im having an extremely late lunch and I’ll have a late dinner as well.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

i enjoyed the non-group. I took my solo picture and avoided the awkward situation I had on magic when they wanted me in a group photo everyone would get and I had to tell them I couldn’t take a photo because it was against my religion. It was a bigger deal than I thought. They really did not like it.

My wife and one of my sons are adamant about not having their pictures taken.

When we cruise what always works with the photographers when I am with my wife is saying, "No, I can't chance my wife seeing us."

• Like 3
  • Haha 17