Sky suite question

sunshinegirl89

We are sailing next month on the Apex. It is our first celebrity cruise with our young adult aged kids. We are currently booked in 2 connecting, infinite veranda cabins. I can bid to move up to a sky suite at what I consider a reasonable rate. My questions are, do sky suite guests have access to the retreat? And since we have connecting cabins with our young adult kids (who are 18 and 20, and are thus unable to be in a cabin alone without us nearby) is it safe to assume that either both cabins will be upgraded or neither? I can’t imagine they would give the upgrade to one of the cabins and not the other since that would mean we would not be physically near them.  Or maybe I’m giving Celebrity too much credit, lol. Any help would be great.  Thank you. 

SS have access to Retreat

the move up program is for one cabin not both.  You would have to put a bid on from each cabin. The risk is one would be accepted but not the other.   one cabin accepted to SS does not mean the other cabin automatically gets Retreat benefits.     Maybe a Celebrity person can give you more info

My concern would be that they'd screw up and upgrade your cabin and move you too far away for your adult kids to be legal. And "your" cabin would be gone...

Airlines do that more or less all the time. I was upgraded a couple of months ago on a long haul flight and my wife initially wasn't (she ultimately got the last upgrade). "My" seat beside her was gone so fast she didn't even have a chance to nab it (aisle seat). As stated, you'd have to bid on both cabins, but you'd still need cabins close enough to meet the age requirements.

47 minutes ago, sunshinegirl89 said:

We are sailing next month on the Apex. It is our first celebrity cruise with our young adult aged kids. We are currently booked in 2 connecting, infinite veranda cabins. I can bid to move up to a sky suite at what I consider a reasonable rate. My questions are, do sky suite guests have access to the retreat? And since we have connecting cabins with our young adult kids (who are 18 and 20, and are thus unable to be in a cabin alone without us nearby) is it safe to assume that either both cabins will be upgraded or neither? I can’t imagine they would give the upgrade to one of the cabins and not the other since that would mean we would not be physically near them.  Or maybe I’m giving Celebrity too much credit, lol. Any help would be great.  Thank you. 

Not sure I am reading this correctly:

"adult kids (who are 18 and 20, and are thus unable to be in a cabin alone without us nearby)"

Eighteen years of age is an adult. I am unsure why Celebrity would insist that you have adjoining cabins. They're adults.

I'd ask Celebrity for clarification.

2 minutes ago, buncosquad said:

Not sure I am reading this correctly:

"adult kids (who are 18 and 20, and are thus unable to be in a cabin alone without us nearby)"

Eighteen years of age is an adult. I am unsure why Celebrity would insist that you have adjoining cabins. They're adults.

I'd ask Celebrity for clarification.

You have to be 21 or above to be considered an adult by Celebrity. At least one occupant of the cabin must be 21. Probably most cruise lines. Strangely enough, a married couple are considered adults if they are at least 18 and can occupy a cabin themselves.

1 minute ago, markeb said:

You have to be 21 or above to be considered an adult by Celebrity. At least one occupant of the cabin must be 21. Probably most cruise lines. Strangely enough, a married couple are considered adults if they are at least 18 and can occupy a cabin themselves.

Interesting. Point taken.