No coaches for 5 Day Cruises

heathstockton4

We have just booked J318 (5 Day Amsterdam), went to book a coach from the North West and it appears both Eavesway and Intercruises have stopped coach options for anything less than 7 days?

Disappointing that can't book with either, off to check trains times and prices now 😏

Don't think i'm wrong but if anyone finds anything different let me know.

There's an Avanti that stats in Edinburgh that gets into Birmingham New Street at 11.07, leaving enough time for a pit stop there to the toilet, Pret a Manger (or is that just me?) etc before a connecting XC to Southampton Central at 12.03 that gets in at 14.42

If that helps.

3 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

There's an Avanti that stats in Edinburgh that gets into Birmingham New Street at 11.07, leaving enough time for a pit stop there to the toilet, Pret a Manger (or is that just me?) etc before a connecting XC to Southampton Central at 12.03 that gets in at 14.42

If that helps.

Thanks, seen this yes but the way trains are at the moment and possible bad weather just worried, any delay and we'd miss the departure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

With the unreliability of trains....strikes....last minute cancellations....late arrivals I wouldn't consider going by train on the same day....National Express going the day before .....could that be an option ?

Agree, will either be train or National Express day before and night in Southampton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heathstockton4 said:

Thanks, seen this yes but the way trains are at the moment and possible bad weather just worried, any delay and we'd miss the departure.

I would never go the same day as the ship departure.   Plenty good hotels in Southampton.   I do this route twice a year.   Never had an issue until two weeks ago, thanks to Storm Babet, on the way back.   Avanti paid an eye watering sum to taxi me home from Preston, where the train terminated.

Edited by showingdiva

Although we travel from a different direction, if we travel up to Southampton, especially by train, we always travel up the day before.

The only time I travelled on National Express it took me four hours just to get to Plymouth, whereas the train takes less than two to get there, and that's on a slow train! 

We have only ever driven once on the day, never again, an accident on the motorway delayed us for over 2 hours , then we face a traffic jam on the approach to the docks, fortunately we made it just in time, never again would we go the same day, same with flights and crossing the channel, we always stay close by the night before.

• Like 1