Make sure your printed boarding pass has a bar code or have the Navigator App boarding pass

lais

56 minutes ago, Lakesregion said:

Wow missing ten minutes of a 15 day trip doesn't sound like a major issue that many seem to think it is. What could you possibly do in that ten - 30 minutes that would make the cruise that much better?

Get started unpacking. Could possibly get the carry-ons fully unpacked in 10 minutes. Definitely could in 30. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 12:42 PM, Lakesregion said:

Good to know. I will plan on the extra line as I do not own a phone that allows apps and my computer is too old to get apps either.  PLus for the second half of my trip that was booked as aeperate booking will not be available until I am on board for the first lap. May be my last cruise if the powers to be do not allow a simply boarding process. Some times if it isn't broken trying to fix it really is not the answer, though it does keep people that have no real job employeed.

We have sailed on the Nieuw Statendam twice.  It is our  favorite ship that we have sailed so far.  I did not have the Navigator App.  It will not download on my phone.  Both times, I did the on line check in and printed our  luggage tags and boarding passes through the HAL  website.  No problem at all.  For your second sailing, maybe customer service will help you print your docs. on the ship.

On 11/6/2023 at 9:03 PM, POA1 said:

If you have never been on that first 10 minutes, I can see why you feel that way. The first 10 minutes is when they hand out the free ponies.

And the people still in line beyond the 10 min are relegated to the pony clean-up crew?

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...
On 11/6/2023 at 9:21 PM, Lakesregion said:

Wow missing ten minutes of a 15 day trip doesn't sound like a major issue that many seem to think it is. What could you possibly do in that ten - 30 minutes that would make the cruise that much better?

It’s just the hassle of it. I like to get there and board with no glitches. 

On 11/6/2023 at 9:44 PM, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

For your second sailing, maybe customer service will help you print your docs. on the ship.

On 11/5/2023 at 11:42 AM, Lakesregion said:

Good to know. I will plan on the extra line as I do not own a phone that allows apps and my computer is too old to get apps either.  PLus for the second half of my trip that was booked as aeperate booking will not be available until I am on board for the first lap. May be my last cruise if the powers to be do not allow a simply boarding process. Some times if it isn't broken trying to fix it really is not the answer, though it does keep people that have no real job employeed.

For your second, and subsequent, cruises on the same ship you do NOT have to print any documentation or have it on your phone. Everything you need to continue will be provided to you in your cabin several days before turnaround day.

• Like 1