Best Sailor Loot uses?

kat228

1 minute ago, -The-True-North- said:

Can do any domination you want, but you will need to do it multiple times.

With the above, you would still have $290 in promo credit. (Unless you hit green, in which case give the $20 promo chips as a tip).

You would have to take that and again split the remaining $290 over the 3. And repeat till you have 0.

Have you done this?  One person on Reddit said one dealer would not let him do it.

44 minutes ago, aviators99 said:

I meant, have you done the $24/$24/$2 or anything like this at all, @-The-True-North- ?

Also, @-The-True-North-, my friend and I have been thinking more about it.  Why not (for example, if you have $925 in SL) just bet $25 on each of the 37 numbers on one spin.  You then lose $25 for the conversion fee, have converted $875 and have another $25 left over in monopoly money to figure out how to convert.

28 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

I think so, but from what I’ve read they might open it at the bar. 

I had $600 bar tab on my last Virgin cruise and I'm not a big drinker so...bought a bottle of champagne, asked that they keep it corked for me to open later...and brought it off the ship. 

I think if you just say you want to have it in your room later, it's fine.  They even gave me two glasses to bring back to my room 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2023 at 12:04 PM, CruisingWalter said:

I have used it to purchase some liquor in the Booty Free shop on the last night of the cruise, others have used it to purchase the hammocks when they have them in stock. You can put it towards any paid events on the ship which you can't book until you get on the WiFi. I did a Mezcal / Tequila tasting that was good, they have other paid events as well.

And the most overlooked thing on the ships, Afternoon Tea. It's one of the best of the mainstream cruise lines in the U.S. Well worth the prices. 

What's your favorite Mezcal mixed drink?

As of 2 days ago, we were denied the ability to purchase an unopened bottle of wine at The Wake.  We turned around and ordered the same wine from Ship Eats...so got 2 unopened bottles from ship eats during the cruise, both unopened.   My only suggestion would be to not wait till the end of the cruise as they did run out of some products.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 4:07 PM, TheDarkestBlue said:

Can you buy a bottle of wine in a restaurant and open it back in your room? 

You can, but it'll have to be opened when you buy it. I had a situation on Scarlet Lady recently where I requested a bottle of champagne and a bucket of ice. I wanted it to get really nice and chilled before opening it. The bartender insisted that I sit there at the bar and wait for it to get cold before opening it so I could take it with me... Honestly, if I buy an entire bottle I believe I should be able to do anything I want with it, but they see it otherwise...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

The bartender insisted that I sit there at the bar and wait for it to get cold before opening it so I could take it with me... Honestly, if I buy an entire bottle I believe I should be able to do anything I want with it, but they see it otherwise...

I agree, if I'm springing for a whole bottle, what I do with it is my business. If I end up with a whole lot of bar tab leftover, gonna hit every every place I can, and see if I can't come up with something to bring home. Maybe a good tip might help the barkeep see logic? I can't imagine using up that bar tab, as someone who only drinks an occasional glass of wine these days. That's a lot of juice and fancy coffees, I'd rather get it in loot and hit the spa!

1 hour ago, TheDarkestBlue said:

I agree, if I'm springing for a whole bottle, what I do with it is my business. If I end up with a whole lot of bar tab leftover, gonna hit every every place I can, and see if I can't come up with something to bring home. Maybe a good tip might help the barkeep see logic? I can't imagine using up that bar tab, as someone who only drinks an occasional glass of wine these days. That's a lot of juice and fancy coffees, I'd rather get it in loot and hit the spa!

I think VVs reasoning is that it’s promotional bar credit designed to be spent  onboard at bars, not for take home stuff. Whereas loot is intended to be spent on anything at all. 

• Like 1