Almost Live …. Sailing Aboard the NCL Viva on Her Maiden Trans-Atlantic

ColdCruise

21 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Go check the menu at the door different to the App make sure they have what you want.

You can do 1 package and share 4 items.

(Might have to push if they say no.)

Thanks @insidecabin

I've heard others mention that approach but we’re only getting a couple items. And out of package meals. So we’ll a la carte tonight.

did the same a couple nights ago when we just wanted a pizza from Onda. A la carte.

Edited by ColdCruise

1 hour ago, ColdCruise said:

Photo of Food Republic menu from the wall, taken a few days ago. I don’t think it changes.

IMG_4590.thumb.jpeg.e0cbe6b043490b5b65dab16507f67425.jpeg

forgot I took that photo after a wine tasting in Palomar (adjacent)

Thanks for posting this menu.  I have some NR OBC that I think I will use here. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Thanks... We just confirmed with the Indulge restaurant manager on the Prima that the Indulge menu was changed in September fleet wide. Many nice items were removed, I guess cost-cutting.

Some items were even downgraded like the Salchicha (from Seaside Rotisserie) is now a thin sausage instead of the typical thick short sausage. 

So yes, it should be the same on the Viva as well. Really sad... 

• Thanks 1

Just now, kasimir said:

Thanks... We just confirmed with the Indulge restaurant manager on the Prima that the Indulge menu was changed in September fleet wide. Many nice items were removed, I guess cost-cutting.

Some items were even downgraded like the Salchicha (from Seaside Rotisserie) is now a thin sausage instead of the typical thick short sausage. 

We had one tiny bite of the new and more efficient sausage the other day. It was efficiently tossed on the garbage plate!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, kasimir said:

Get all the early blogging to post/report the  good menu then switch them out.

Most main bloggers/vloggers won't be updating for ages.

people will get false expectations.

• Like 1

Just now, ColdCruise said:

Looks like the soft serve available in the Surfside buffet. Scooped (hard) ice cream & gelato only in the sit down restaurants???

Oh wow! You're right! I always found it in the buffet on Getaway and Joy. So much for that more luxurious Pr1ma and V!va we are currently riding on. Good catch. 

23 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh wow! You're right! I always found it in the buffet on Getaway and Joy. So much for that more luxurious Pr1ma and V!va we are currently riding on. Good catch. 

Maybe its more “Indulge”ant than the buffet 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

On the other ships, hard ice cream is hand scooped by a server behind the counter (soft ice cream is self-serve). No information here as to whether or not the Prima and Viva have the same.

I’ve only seen hard ice cream in the sit downs as one if the dessert options. Like others, I thought the booth outside Indulge was the something like that. On prima, one if the inside stations was an ice cream option, on starboard side behind the sweet shop. I thought NCL just moved it to the deck to make space for the additional 70 seat’s they’ve stated they added in Viva’s Indulge.

Also on Prima, there was a self serve drinks station on the starboard outside. Mostly red/white wine & a beer. I don’t recall seeing that in Viva during my promenades.

Edited by ColdCruise

3 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

I’ve only seen hard ice cream in the sit downs as one if the dessert options. Like others, I thought the booth outside Indulge was the something like that. On prima, one if the inside stations was an ice cream option, on starboard side behind the sweet shop. I thought NCL just moved it to the deck to make space for the additional 70 seat’s they’ve stated they added in Viva’s Indulge.

The buffet has had hard ice cream (not self-serve) on the NCL ships on which I have cruised.

Since we ate lunch late, we’re canceling Food Republic.

I feel like a weekend of family Thanksgivings, like when you’re first married and feel you have to visit both sides to keep the parents & grandparents happy .. and at least 1 original couple has divorced and both sides have remarried.

• Haha 2