Danube River Cruise

JaniceWilcox

We are considering a Romantic Danube Cruise in November.  Has anyone ever taken that cruise in November?  How is it?  Another option
is an Ocean cruise that includes Norway in March.  Which would be best for someone who is not used to very cold winters.  

We are from a southern state and are not used to extreme cold!

Edited by JaniceWilcox

We are on the Danube right now. We are in Romania today and it is very warm and very sunny. The temperatures have been in the 15 -21C range, not sure what that is in Fahrenheit. But we have been surprised how warm it has been from Budapest to here.

We packed hats, scarves and gloves and have needed none of them.

Maybe later in November it will be cooler.

I’m thinking if you look at local weather conditions for the cities you might visit it will give you an idea of current weather plus a couple of weeks in advance which will help you think about how cold it might get.

Where do you put extreme cold on the thermometer? I live in a mild valley with the temperature barely falling to zero in November during the day but along the Danube in Germany and Austria it tends to be a bit colder. You get night frosts in November for sure. I would call neither valley's conditions "extreme cold". You can get snow on an excursion into the hills along the Danube but all in all I would not call our November cold in Germany. I have not even got my winter jacket out yet, nor do I wear gloves and a hat. This will happen later in the month for sure as I feel the cold quickly.

I agree with checking temperatures for the places you intend to visit on websites. See if accuweather.com can help you there.

notamermaid

• Like 1