Bottomless bubbles

Oletruckdude

Ok, tried 3 times to use the search function but just get an error message.

Searched Google but didn't find anything recent.

Sorry if this had been recently answered, but here goes:

We've done a lot of Carnival cruises and tried the bottomless bubbles last about 5 years ago. We were disappointed in that the bartenders would only serve us a small glass of soda from open cans on the bar. No full cans, no cold sodas. For nearly a hundred dollars we were disappointed to say the least.

We have an upcoming cruise and are wondering if things have changed any and if it might be worth reconsidering. 

So wish carnival would put self serve soda dispensers on all of their ships.

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Oletruckdude
Font

28 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

What is the question? Mardi Gras has self serve soda machines.  Bartenders are supposed to pour out soda.

Hi and thank you Elaine5715.

We were on Sunshine and Elation recently and they didn't have the self serve machines.

We're going on Paradise soon and wondering what to expect. 

So some of the ships now have self service soda machines. Good to know. I hope they will roll them out to all ships. 

Kind regards. 

Edited by Oletruckdude

35 minutes ago, Oletruckdude said:

Hi and thank you Elaine5715.

We were on Sunshine and Elation recently and they didn't have the self serve machines.

We're going on Paradise soon and wondering what to expect. 

So some of the ships now have self service soda machines. Good to know. I hope they will roll them out to all ships. 

Kind regards. 

The new ships only..Mardi Gras for sure, Celebration I think...

Paradise will not.  

1 minute ago, Elaine5715 said:

The new ships only..Mardi Gras for sure, Celebration I think...

Paradise will not.  

Will the bartenders give whole cold cans for bottomless bubbles, or is it still small glasses from open cans?

Thanks for any and all insight! 

Celebration has self serve- some of the bartenders gave me a cold can (sprite/lemon lime) also there is a small tax applied if bought from bartender while in port (.18-25cents) i loved the package as it worked well for me (traveled solo)

11 hours ago, Oletruckdude said:

Will the bartenders give whole cold cans for bottomless bubbles, or is it still small glasses from open cans?

Cans aren't keep in a cooler.  They may (if tipped) and you ask nicely but they are supposed to open and pour out so people aren't hoarding cans to shar.  

Thanks everyone for your input. I was trying to determine if bottomless bubbles might be worth the $ now, but it sounds like unless we're on one of the new ships it's still the same process... stand in line and wait for a small glass of warm flat soda filled with ice. Two sips then wait 5 minutes and repeat.

Not worth the $100 for the wife and I. Full, cold cans might be worth it IMHO, but not as it is now.

Kind regards

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Oletruckdude said:

Thanks everyone for your input. I was trying to determine if bottomless bubbles might be worth the $ now, but it sounds like unless we're on one of the new ships it's still the same process... stand in line and wait for a small glass of warm flat soda filled with ice. Two sips then wait 5 minutes and repeat.

Not worth the $100 for the wife and I. Full, cold cans might be worth it IMHO, but not as it is now.

Kind regards

We typically get the BB for our daughter but most likely will not be for our upcoming trip in Dec. I will say that she always gets a fresh can but it is always poured over ice and never cold to begin with. What we recently discovered is that you are aloud to bring on additional 12 packs of soda from your port stops. If you bring a 12 pack at the start, and have 3 port days, that's 48 sodas per person. Ice available at the lido buffet. Might as well just do that. That's what we're doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

We had the BB package. On our recent sailing on Venezia every place we ordered a soda from the bartender he/she gave us a full can (opened) and served it with a tall glass o ice. Plus a candy straw upon request.

When they are busy, they seem to do this more so they don't have to wait for the foam to settle.

On 11/6/2023 at 11:18 PM, Oletruckdude said:

i've always gotten cans, but usually the first time i get a soda from a bar tender i always tip them and from then on they usually just give me the can. (they will open it though, they won't give it to you sealed)

• Like 2