Princess Crown- December 28- Honolulu

mommycruiser

Hello all,

I have a tour with an outside company and need to get to a specific location by 7:45 from the pier and the ship docks at 7am . Is this doable? Are there Ubers readily available or reliable transportation? Any advise is welcomed.

Thanks,

Laura 

19 minutes ago, mommycruiser said:

Hello all,

I have a tour with an outside company and need to get to a specific location by 7:45 from the pier and the ship docks at 7am . Is this doable? Are there Ubers readily available or reliable transportation? Any advise is welcomed.

Thanks,

Laura 

Hi,

I really think that’s pushing it.

I checked the port schedule and the Crown is the only ship there that day, which helps. 
The arrival time is 6:00 am. but, you truly never know what time you will be able to get off. 

I just tried a quick Uber search right now, and it was showing about a 7 minute wait from Pier 2B. 
You could prebook one, too. 

I actually didn’t feel there were many available transportation options when we were there in mid April. We walked off the ship about 8:00 am to get a public bus to Pearl Harbour for 10:00 am. tour. 

I would check the Princess excursion page just to see what the earliest time is that one of their excursions starts, and use that as a guideline. Those people do get off first, as well as anyone else that has priority that day. 

It is 8:30 am right now in BC.
If you don’t have to make a rush decision, I would check daily on the Uber or any other car share option app. around the time I needed to get off. 
You  also don’t say how far away you are going, which of course, if it was more than a few minutes, you wouldn’t have much wiggle room. 

21 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Hi,

I really think that’s pushing it.

I checked the port schedule and the Crown is the only ship there that day, which helps. 
The arrival time is 6:00 am. but, you truly never know what time you will be able to get off. 

I just tried a quick Uber search right now, and it was showing about a 7 minute wait from Pier 2B. 
You could prebook one, too. 

I actually didn’t feel there were many available transportation options when we were there in mid April. We walked off the ship about 8:00 am to get a public bus to Pearl Harbour for 10:00 am. tour. 

I would check the Princess excursion page just to see what the earliest time is that one of their excursions starts, and use that as a guideline. Those people do get off first, as well as anyone else that has priority that day. 

It is 8:30 am right now in BC.
If you don’t have to make a rush decision, I would check daily on the Uber or any other car share option app. around the time I needed to get off. 
You  also don’t say how far away you are going, which of course, if it was more than a few minutes, you wouldn’t have much wiggle room. 

Thanks, I might just cancel the tour and rent a car since we will be overnighting there. I feel like it might be too stressful to miss the tour and then everyone will be in a foul mood.  Going with my DH,  18yr, and 13yr any suggestions on what to do? DH and I have been there but kids have not so I want to make it fun plus they will have been with 5 sea days and will be anxious to get out lol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mommycruiser said:

Thanks, I might just cancel the tour and rent a car since we will be overnighting there. I feel like it might be too stressful to miss the tour and then everyone will be in a foul mood.  Going with my DH,  18yr, and 13yr any suggestions on what to do? DH and I have been there but kids have not so I want to make it fun plus they will have been with 5 sea days and will be anxious to get out lol.

We had a good day, and just used the public bus everywhere as we weren’t in any hurry. 
After Pearl Harbour, we back to the ship, had lunch and then again went by bus down to the beach. It was really easy and cheap… 

I had never seen a public bathroom that had no door on the stall. It creeped me out for sure. I guess they have a bit of an issue there and think that’s the best way to avoid problems in them.
We ended up just having a very late dinner at the buffet. There were lots of restaurants around the area, though.
We decided not to do a Luau as it was just too pricey for us, with the exchange rate from Canadian dollar and there was just two of us.
It would have been approximately 600 CAD including transportation, to get decent seats at one of the popular ones. We also had never been to Hawaii before and just didn’t feel comfortable renting a car and chancing getting lost. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Its the Crown Princess.

Where you need to get to is kind of an important issue. If it's Northshore, you aren't going to make it.

Thanks, I have decided to cancel and just rent a car one day to do the circle tour myself. 

14 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I'd taxi or Uber to Waikiki Beach, maybe for surfing lessons, an outrigger canoe ride, off the beach catamaran ride or maybe just chill, swim, etc. I'd try to get USS Arizona Memorial tickets for the next morning.

Great advice! I will do this on our second day. Is the water warm in late December?

13 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

We had a good day, and just used the public bus everywhere as we weren’t in any hurry. 
After Pearl Harbour, we back to the ship, had lunch and then again went by bus down to the beach. It was really easy and cheap… 

I had never seen a public bathroom that had no door on the stall. It creeped me out for sure. I guess they have a bit of an issue there and think that’s the best way to avoid problems in them.
We ended up just having a very late dinner at the buffet. There were lots of restaurants around the area, though.
We decided not to do a Luau as it was just too pricey for us, with the exchange rate from Canadian dollar and there was just two of us.
It would have been approximately 600 CAD including transportation, to get decent seats at one of the popular ones. We also had never been to Hawaii before and just didn’t feel comfortable renting a car and chancing getting lost. 

Thanks for the great advice! I have canceled the tour and will follow your suggestions.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 9:07 AM, mommycruiser said:

I would give your teens the assignment of researching things to do.  It can be very educational - learning about the island, costs, distances etc.

We're also on that cruise.  I joined an excursion set up by another passenger for the 28th.  I think the next day I'll either take the bus or a taxi down to the Waikiki area for the beach.

See you on board!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

I would give your teens the assignment of researching things to do.  It can be very educational - learning about the island, costs, distances etc.

We're also on that cruise.  I joined an excursion set up by another passenger for the 28th.  I think the next day I'll either take the bus or a taxi down to the Waikiki area for the beach.

See you on board!

That sounds like a good idea! See you onboard in 43 days! Doing the happy dance!

• Like 1