New way for requesting Carnival shareholder obc now?

martinchem

On 3/19/2024 at 8:37 PM, w&k said:

The StockPerks rep said in their email that they were working on a computer version for their website.  I am hopeful that they actually will do this for dinosaurs like me that still use desktops.  😄 

Not a dinosaur.  Web sites are far more function than phone apps in almost every instance.

Not a fan. Just got denied for the first time because they said the shareholder was not in the room. Wife's official name is Melissa, goes by Missy. Carnival has Melissa, Schwab statement says Missy, first time being denied. Guess I have to refile and explain the name.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 9:23 AM, canes20 said:

Not a fan. Just got denied for the first time because they said the shareholder was not in the room. Wife's official name is Melissa, goes by Missy. Carnival has Melissa, Schwab statement says Missy, first time being denied. Guess I have to refile and explain the name.

It might have been fortunate to have that happen now (or actually a couple of weeks ago now), since using completely different names as on different accounts in general could cause more significant problems later on. I'm not an expert but I would want my legal name on any financial account. I've even experienced occasional problems with including or excluding my middle name or initial. I would never have thought of Missy as an alternative form of Melissa (maybe "Mel", or even "Lissa.")

When I first had to submit a statement from my broker for a shareholder credit, I learned that the website provided me with the ability to label each account. So even if my IRA was owned by "John Smith", I could have the account statements show any title, for example "Mary Jones' IRA." Of course I had no reason to do that; just saying it was possible. The label has nothing to do with who owns the account - it's completely arbitrary. I put my actual name into the label for each account, because if I hadn't, I would have had to supply even more of the statement, since my name and the share listing didn't appear on the same page until I included my name in the label.