New way for requesting Carnival shareholder obc now?

martinchem

21 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

By discounted you mean free or practically free right? My 2024 cruises from the spring sale of 2022 were approved.

well, maybe that is why....the cruise we were denied any OBC was a 'free interior room'...so I will keep trying and maybe the next cruise it will apply.  

On 12/1/2023 at 8:58 AM, kasmith2 said:

well, maybe that is why....the cruise we were denied any OBC was a 'free interior room'...so I will keep trying and maybe the next cruise it will apply.  

There are restrictions to this benefit as per this SS

IMG_5571.jpeg

Edited by tree.critter
wrong pic first time

• 3 weeks later...

If they don't accept emails, as in the past, can we still submit our information by "snail mail"?  I have some reservations about using this app...

For years, I was able to request OBC by way of email, but the last two times (last year), they said postal service was preferred.  Now I'm wondering if that option is also gone.

35 minutes ago, Number12 said:

The CCL shareholder's annual report says mail, fax, or email.

Email: shareholders@carnival.com.  I submitted my request via email not long ago and it was not a problem.

Yes, but a few weeks ago CCL stated that they will no longer process emailed requests and are now requiring the use of the Stockperks app, either by giving Stockperks access to your brokerage account, or by uploading proof of ownership

5 hours ago, Number12 said:

Email: shareholders@carnival.com.  I submitted my request via email not long ago and it was not a problem.

Just to confirm what others have experienced, when I submitted by email two months ago, Princess emailed me back telling me they no longer processed OBC, and that I had to use their subcontractor’s Stockperks app. I did this without giving access to my financial account.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 10:56 PM, jascritz said:

Just to confirm what others have experienced, when I submitted by email two months ago, Princess emailed me back telling me they no longer processed OBC, and that I had to use their subcontractor’s Stockperks app. I did this without giving access to my financial account.

Thanks.  I jumped to the end of this thread and what you said sounds great to me.  If I can upload a redacted statement without providing my financial account number in the app, then I'm OK with this new approach.

On 11/30/2023 at 3:27 PM, rajraj said:

All please beware of StockPerks and their hideous and unethical business practices. If you do not link your brokerage account or provide the entire brokerage statement they will try to harass you. They want people to desperately just provide them with their personal and financial information. 

StockPerks is a data mining company that makes money by feeding off data and personally identifiable information of others and selling them to marketing companies. I am also not aware how they may use/miss-use financial information. They do not even have a customer service number to call them. They will also send you emails from generic or anonymous email IDs.

I understand we all want to get our OBC's but be careful. I sent them redacted statements with very little to none personal and financial information and they are giving me a hard time before finally approving it. Beware this is not a company that you want to share your information with.  

Please reach out to your brokerage firm and request for a letter verifying you holding of the only the selected cruise line stocks. Every brokerage firm will provide you this. It will list out the number of shared you hold of the said company and the date of confirmation (which is usually end of the previous day). Once you get this letter, redact your address and brokerage account number and then send it to StockPerks. DO NOT LINK YOUR BROKERAGE ACCOUNT.  DO NOT SENT YOUR ENTIRE BROKERAGE STATEMENT NO MATTER WHAT YOU REDACT. Based on their desperation of getting the entire statement I am concerned that may have a way to scrub to remove redactions and access other information you do not want them to have.

This, exactly.  And none of us need ANOTHER company to get our personal info, thus making it more likely to be included in a breach somewhere.  This change caused me to liquidate all my CCL stock.

On 11/18/2023 at 8:37 PM, LuvCruiSun said:

I have my account with SoFi and they wanted my username and password too. I just chose Fidelity instead and uploaded my statement. It was approved the next day.

We have Vanguard but I also didnt feel comfy giving out user name and password. I tried this and hopefully worked..I got an answer saying we are eligible and it has been submitted

I used the app, did not give over any info. Picture of 1 page of my statement that only showed name and stock owned. received approval 2 days later ( submitted over a weekend) and then applied for credit and was approved the next day.

FWIW, I just tried it for the first time, app was a little wonky for me asking for a username and password even after I said I wanted to use Apple to login, so I then tried the google route, and that seemed to work. I use Merril Edge, and since it is/was not included in the brokerages options, I went the "Plaid" route (whatever that is). I THOUGHT it was asking for a pic of my statement at first, then it tried to get me to give them my Edge login credentials (not cool AT ALL), but I was able to get back to the page asking for the statement pic. So I uploaded a current pic of my holdings, and I'll see if they accept it. 

I emailed Carnival on Jan 1st for my stockholders credit (with a copy of my statement, and all information needed), and on Jan 3rd Carnival emailed me back saying to use the new stockperks app.

Not sure why they wouldn't just go ahead and approve the request, and say "hey for future reference you can use stockperks"

• Like 1

Wasn't not comfortable giving password etc for Vanguard account so did what someone suggested and just picked Fidelity...uploaded our Vanguard CCL shares and it just got approved 

On 11/18/2023 at 8:10 PM, barbatkins said:

I emailed a copy of broker statement this week on Monday or Tuesday.

Thursday afternoon I received email that it had been applied.

ive been doing the same way since 2000 when I bought the stock.

I downloaded the app and processed my request on 1/2/2024 with a redacted copy of my stock statement, removing my account number and other holdings.  On 1/5 I received my validated approval from Stockperks and completed the redemption process.  I'm currently waiting for CCL to apply it to my upcoming cruise.  I have a Google 6 phone and didn't have any issues with the app.  

On 1/7/2024 at 2:17 PM, JMAE said:

I downloaded the app and processed my request on 1/2/2024 with a redacted copy of my stock statement, removing my account number and other holdings.  On 1/5 I received my validated approval from Stockperks and completed the redemption process.  I'm currently waiting for CCL to apply it to my upcoming cruise.  I have a Google 6 phone and didn't have any issues with the app.  

Update, our $100 credit was added to our cruise today, seven days after submission.  

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 5:16 PM, Number12 said:

So can we bypass this app and just email the request with the stock information and get the OBC?

32 minutes ago, snorkler8 said:

So can we bypass this app and just email the request with the stock information and get the OBC?

I emailed the old way and got the reply after 1 day to use the app. Used the app yesterday and will see how long it takes.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 5:38 PM, Lidolounger said:

I emailed my info to Carnival last week.  Received confirmation in under an hour. 

I must have gotten the wrong person, I emailed as in the past two days ago and received an email back instructing me to download the App and make the request that way. Ugh! - another App - I suspect another LogIn and another Password. 

I downloaded the app and my first thought was that this has to be a Grad Student thesis research project; "How Much Personal Information Will People Provide on the Internet?" I realize now they're serious. I also received a satisfaction survey regarding a recent cruise on Carnival. One of the questions was "What is your yearly income?" Clearly a demographics question at best or data mining at worst. Not very related to my cruise satisfaction. Beginning to have concerns about a continued relationship with CCL.