Single Digit Dance!! Vista Thanksgiving Cruise!!

Rollin Tide

I swear, it was down to 100 days just a couple of weeks ago.  Never been on the Vista, but we've been on several other Carnival cruises. 

All the documents are printed, organized, and ready to go.  Every bit of clothing is out and ready to be packed! 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Rollin Tide said:

I swear, it was down to 100 days just a couple of weeks ago.  Never been on the Vista, but we've been on several other Carnival cruises. 

All the documents are printed, organized, and ready to go.  Every bit of clothing is out and ready to be packed! 

We too leave next week on a Thanksgiving cruise, except we are on the Mardi Gras.

• Like 3

On 11/13/2023 at 1:05 PM, Maggiegirl22 said:

Woo woo!  Boarding the Celebration on Sunday!  First time on Excel style.  Can't wait.  Have fun everyone cruising next week. Pray for nice weather and calm seas.

We will be there with you - can't wait.  We have been on Mardi Gras twice and Celebration once.  I think you will love it.

We booked this cruise almost exactly a year ago.  I was tired and exhausted after hosting a big Thanksgiving dinner and I said, "I'm running away next year" ... and within a few days this cruise was booked.  😄

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rizkeeper said:

4 dayssssss.....4 daysssssss, I booked the cruise about 95 days ago...I don't know how you guys wait 9-10-12+ months for a cruise...I'd go nuts!! 

Heh, well, at one time we had four future cruises booked, but the "next one" was always about 6 months away.  Our next cruise will be about 12 months after the last, and was booked just over a year ago, I think.  Ugh, I'm terrible with memory and um, that other thing, what is it now?  Oh yeah, memory!

A week to go before we board Vista for the first time. She'll be one of the larger ships I've been on, so it will be interesting to see how I feel about it vs all the smaller ships I love so much. I booked this trip probably a year or more ago, so it's been a loooooong wait! LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic101680 said:

A week to go before we board Vista for the first time. She'll be one of the larger ships I've been on, so it will be interesting to see how I feel about it vs all the smaller ships I love so much. I booked this trip probably a year or more ago, so it's been a loooooong wait! LOL

We'll be on that sailing as well. It's also our first time on Vista. It will be the largest ship we've been on until Mardi Gras next year. Can't wait!

• Like 1

For anyone who is cruising this week on Vista for the 8-day, or cruised last week on the 5-day, when you return please let us know how the MDR food is.  The new menu has rolled out to her (from what I've seen), and we're curious whether the new menu and the new departure port (Canaveral vs Galveston) are firing on all cylinders.  Someone posted last month about their cruise on Vista (out of Galveston) and they seemed underwhelmed by the new MDR menu.

On 11/20/2023 at 12:50 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

For anyone who is cruising this week on Vista for the 8-day, or cruised last week on the 5-day, when you return please let us know how the MDR food is.  The new menu has rolled out to her (from what I've seen), and we're curious whether the new menu and the new departure port (Canaveral vs Galveston) are firing on all cylinders.  Someone posted last month about their cruise on Vista (out of Galveston) and they seemed underwhelmed by the new MDR menu.

I was on Vista last week. In general, I would have to say I was disappointed in the MDR but to be honest we only went the first two nights. I'm sorry I don't have images of the menus to share. Overall, I found the choices to be lacking, the service to be extremely slow and the temperature in the MDR (and all the public spaces) to be overwhelmingly hot. We never miss sea day brunch but did not go our second sea day because the food was so disappointing. My youngest, whose highlight of the cruise is typically the sea day brunch chocolate cake, said it was stale and tasteless.  We ordered the beignets and they were so cold and stale they were left setting at the table when we left. We went to JiJi's on day three (I highly recommend the food, but we were literally dripping in sweat it was so hot in there) and hit the lido for the rest of the cruise.

Overall: bleh. Would not cruise Vista again.

Edited by Jelly_Toast

2 hours ago, Jelly_Toast said:

I was on Vista last week.

2 hours ago, Jelly_Toast said:

Overall: bleh. Would not cruise Vista again.

Ouch.  OK, that's a fair assessment.

Out of curiosity, when you say it was warm/hot on board, are you the type to usually have the AC at 70 deg F (or lower)?  My BIL is visiting and we've had to drop the house AC to a compromising 74 deg F for him - we like 78-ish Deg F, and rarely find any indoor space "too warm".  Our friends call us lizard-people, and say we live in a terrarium.  They might not be wrong.

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Ouch.  OK, that's a fair assessment.

Out of curiosity, when you say it was warm/hot on board, are you the type to usually have the AC at 70 deg F (or lower)? 

I run hotter than my husband.  We typically keep the house around 76ish in the summer.  I would be more comfortable around 74.  I probably am not the best judge of temperature so I will defer to his opinions which were that some spaces were comfortable enough for him, but he also found some areas to be much too warm. Based on your lizard-people status you're likely not going to find yourselves uncomfortable everywhere but I found the entire experience to be vastly different than always bringing along a jacket to most areas on the ship, which is what I typically had to do on previous cruises.

1 minute ago, Jelly_Toast said:

I run hotter than my husband.  We typically keep the house around 76ish in the summer.  I would be more comfortable around 74.  I probably am not the best judge of temperature so I will defer to his opinions which were that some spaces were comfortable enough for him, but he also found some areas to be much too warm. Based on your lizard-people status you're likely not going to find yourselves uncomfortable everywhere but I found the entire experience to be vastly different than always bringing along a jacket to most areas on the ship, which is what I typically had to do on previous cruises.

OK, thanks!  Appreciate the response.