Yacht Club vs Suite

Seville2Cabo

We usually cruise Royal, but they don't have very good Northern Europe savings for 2025.  Everyone talks about Yacht club, but when looking at these savings, it has the option for a suite, but not Yacht club.  What is the difference?  Is Yacht club not offered on all ships? 

Thank you. 

55 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Everyone talks about Yacht club, but when looking at these savings, it has the option for a suite, but not Yacht club.

There are suites that do not have the Yacht Club "experience". For example, there are suites that are very large with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms but they only come with the Aurea "experience", not the Yacht Club "experience". It varies by ship. 

57 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

What is the difference?

With Yacht Club, you get access to more exclusive areas that are off limits to guests with a different "experience". The Yacht Club is a "ship within a ship" concept. It's partly similar to RCCL's Suite Neighborhood but taken to a higher level of exclusivity. The closest thing to the Yacht Club is NCL's The Haven. The next closest is Celebrity's The Retreat. 

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Is Yacht club not offered on all ships? 

It's not on all MSC ships. The newer ones have Yacht Club and some even have some exclusivity for Aurea guests (sundeck, restaurant, etc.). 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/ships

The ones with the ship-features-msc-yacht-club.png?bc=tran have Yacht Club. 

I don't know which ship that you are considering (Euribia, Preziosa, Poesia) but Euribia is the newest of those 3 and has pretty much everything that you could need either with or without Yacht Club as far as nice staterooms and new ship "stuff". 

23 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

They mostly match the other Meraviglia/Meraviglia Plus ships.

How about the Premium Suite Aurea  (SL1) any pics..............I don't like the glass on the balcony of the Duplex's glass go all the way up and not having a clear view because of the glass for taking pictures, etc.

Do I assume all those front balcony cabins facing the bow have that glass all the way up so you don't get blown off the balconies?

If that is the case we will go to the aft..........those balconies can't have glass on them do they that goes all the way up?

Edited by Jimbo

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How about the Premium Suite Aurea  (SL1) any pics..............I don't like the glass on the balcony of the Duplex's glass go all the way up and not having a clear view because of the glass for taking pictures, etc.

Do I assume all those front balcony cabins facing the bow have that glass all the way up so you don't get blown off the balconies?

If that is the case we will go to the aft..........those balconies can't have glass on them do they that goes all the way up?

Check out YT. There are videos of each cabin type.

20 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

There are suites that do not have the Yacht Club "experience". For example, there are suites that are very large with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms but they only come with the Aurea "experience", not the Yacht Club "experience". It varies by ship. 

With Yacht Club, you get access to more exclusive areas that are off limits to guests with a different "experience". The Yacht Club is a "ship within a ship" concept. It's partly similar to RCCL's Suite Neighborhood but taken to a higher level of exclusivity. The closest thing to the Yacht Club is NCL's The Haven. The next closest is Celebrity's The Retreat. 

It's not on all MSC ships. The newer ones have Yacht Club and some even have some exclusivity for Aurea guests (sundeck, restaurant, etc.). 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/ships

The ones with the ship-features-msc-yacht-club.png?bc=tran have Yacht Club. 

I don't know which ship that you are considering (Euribia, Preziosa, Poesia) but Euribia is the newest of those 3 and has pretty much everything that you could need either with or without Yacht Club as far as nice staterooms and new ship "stuff". 

Thank you.  The itinerary we like is on Prezisoa and no Yacht Club offered.

• 4 months later...

My husband and I (gay couple) LOVE the MSC Yacht Club compared to other ships. 2nd would be NCL Haven. 

MSC YC (giving away my secrets) ends up being about the same cost as a suite if you always get the additional packages, like drinks, internet and spa! I’ve done the math, while slightly more the perks are worth it. 

Been on YC on our last 4 voyages and won’t go if we can’t book it! Because once you sailIMG_2432.thumb.jpeg.9bb90d55f0df43feb01ad394817ad48b.jpeg in the yacht club, you will be spoiled and never want to do any other suite on an MSC ship. 

The yacht club lounge is amazing usually right in the front of the ship with the best views of the ship and very private. A private bar, again never crowded.

Unlike Royal Caribbean, where they allow people with points to be in the lounges, the yacht club is private only to yacht club members, and again is never crowded. 
if you want to be pampered your family pampered and treated like a first class passenger, the yacht club is the only way to go.

IMG_2393.jpeg

IMG_2232.jpeg

IMG_1419.jpeg

• Like 1