Panorama Nov-Dec 2023 sailings cancelled!

weezal

She is about to dock in Victoria, yay! Here is a link to the Ship Report podcast, this site has been invaluable for information during Panorama’s adventure to be repaired. It is also very interesting to learn about all the maritime workers that made it possible for our ship to be repaired in time for the Holiday cruises. Yesterday's podcast was a summery of everything that went into getting it done, it’s very interesting and kudos to all that came to the rescue. We will definitely raise a glass on board in toast to you in the Pacific Northwest, thank you! ❤️🛳️❤️

https://shipreport.net/2023/12/11/the-carnival-panorama-heads-back-to-victoria-as-the-saga-continues/?fbclid=IwAR12bznsEBD-lZlVyPdB1JS6_0KiCcX17hemNHM7H5AzOEpx8zwoyruEgKI_aem_AYGr-LOd2xGyaiw4d0TS3z7e8lCcwtzCNXeXfn21cED4s4ja1-lwXEGW3v58Y-OAY44

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

From a Victoria source….

Carnival Panorama will be getting her pilot tomorrow morning (Dec 14) around 6:00 am and will be moving from Ogden Point over to the North Wall in Esquimalt Harbour to get her whale tail funnel put back on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, adoris said:

From a Victoria source….

Carnival Panorama will be getting her pilot tomorrow morning (Dec 14) around 6:00 am and will be moving from Ogden Point over to the North Wall in Esquimalt Harbour to get her whale tail funnel put back on.

I’m sure we’ll all be glad to see her moved to the facility that will put her tail back on!

• Like 1

So, it took about 5 days to remove the funnel, so starting today would mean leaving on the 19th, with about 3 days steaming to Long Beach, gets her there around the 22nd.  That's making about 17-18 knots all the way, what day do the first passengers board?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

So, it took about 5 days to remove the funnel, so starting today would mean leaving on the 19th, with about 3 days steaming to Long Beach, gets her there around the 22nd.  That's making about 17-18 knots all the way, what day do the first passengers board?

36 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

From what I can see, 23 Dec 2023 is the "Christmas cruise" embarkation day.

I can confirm this, as my boarding group time is 12-12:30pm on Dec 23rd.

I'm only guessing here, but maybe the funnel is easier to put on than to remove? With the team being more prepared this time around and scafolding is quicker to take down than assembling, maybe it will only be 4 days before she can head to LB?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kelownabccan said:

Saturday morning at noonish.....still there.....will try to get a friend to go over and see what is smoking....lol

Rumor has it she is heading South Tuesday morning but nothing is confirmed. No doubt she will make it in time for the party! 🥳🎄🛳️🎅🏻🛳️🎄🥳

• Like 3

Not sure what site you're using, but marinetraffic and vesselfinder show this time (though 16:00 UTC is 08:00 PST) as the arrival in Victoria.  It looks like you're using cruisemapper, which is notoriously unreliable for unscheduled ship movements.  Not sure why they are going back to Ogden Point, Victoria, unless it is for bunkers.

• Like 1

It looks like she off and on her way.  IT’s dark here but I can see cruise ship lights out in Esquimalt harbour heading south!

Hope the voyage south goes well and soon everyone is off and enjoying their Christmas cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4