Behind the scenes tour

ston

Has anyone done the Behind the Scenes tour with Celebrity?  I will be on the Eclipse in January.  When we did the tour with Princess we got so many “gifts” afterwards ..robes, aprons, note pads with our names, picture frames etc.  Was wondering if Celebrity does this also.  I was glad I had room in my suitcase!!!!!

9 minutes ago, ston said:

Has anyone done the Behind the Scenes tour with Celebrity?  I will be on the Eclipse in January.  When we did the tour with Princess we got so many “gifts” afterwards ..robes, aprons, note pads with our names, picture frames etc.  Was wondering if Celebrity does this also.  I was glad I had room in my suitcase!!!!!

I’ve done the tour on the Apex and really enjoyed it. There were no gifts involved though.

I did the tour last year on the Beyond.  No gifts. The only thing we had and kept was the pass on the lanyard.   Very interesting tour.  I wasn't fond of wearing long pants and closed toe shoes for it but I knew ahead of time so I was prepared.   😉

🍹

Also posted on Engine Rm thread:

the Behind the Scenes tour on EDGE was wonderful.  Small group.. mini presentations at each area, headphones.     

It is a long tour with alot of walking including interior stairs..although they have some spots where elevator is possible.

Well worth the time and money!

We toured dining rms, kitchens but no meal for our group

I've done this on several Celebrity ships and it's always interesting. They used to do this for free on a port day or depending on your status or suite you would get invited (also free). Sigh.

I did this last year on Silhouette (paid for it since I had a ton of OBC) and they showed us way more than I've ever seen of the ship before. We went to the laundry, engine room, the bridge, the trash area, thru the kitchen, the pantry and walk in refrigerators. They even let us hold the most expensive bottle of wine they had on board. It was like $800 or some ridiculous price.

I've never been given a gift on any of these except for the lanyard.

9 hours ago, ston said:

I also recommend the Behind the Scenes Tour.  My wife and I took our first and only tour a year ago on one of our many sea days during our transatlantic cruise on Constellation.  We received a lanyard (which you wore during tour) and a small piece of rope tied in a special knot.  Of  course we also walked away with memories and photos.

C0966B4A-9414-45A3-A3BA-8E86592D9F8E.thu

A0D53508-C605-47B3-AE44-64F951F94DAD.thu

7F56402B-8C02-4D02-8FFE-9937A407B3C3.thu

Celebrity’s behind the scenes is about the same cost at Princess.  I’m not inclined to spend the money since there are no “gifts”.  There were chocolate covered strawberries and champagne along the way and the champagne flowed freely on the bridge with the captain and bridge crew plus security.  A gift bag full of goodies plus the bridge group photo delivered later that day.  Not worth it to me.

29 minutes ago, scubamommy! said:

My husband took the behind the scenes tour years ago when it was offered free to concierge class. No gifts.  What do they charge now for this?

This is for the Apr 9 2025 Solstice sailing....

image.png.a6901cc4c4949ddbfaf6a999db00ddfa.png

I’m in the minority. I didn’t think this was worth the cost at all. Yes, it was interesting, I always like learning new things.  If I had it to do over I’d spend my sea day relaxing rather than meeting at X o’clock and waiting 30-40 minutes for everyone on the tour to show up, sign waivers, and use the restrooms before beginning the tour. That may be contributing to my opinion. I’m less patient the older I get, and I’m always early. The rest of the world always seems to be late. 

Editing to add: I only paid $89 and I felt even that was too much. 

Edited by thebutlerdidit

We did the Behind the Scene on the Equinox in August. They must have oversold the tour as there were probably 30 of us (which was too many by half at least). And in my experience on other lines, it does usually sell out. It takes a LONG time to get that many people assembled, and the transitions from place to place seemed to take forever. In all fairness, they do have a LOT of ground to cover. That being said, it was very interesting. I would suggest you do it once (on any ship, it has to pretty similar), and it would have to be a big sale or done with OBC IMHO. No gifts, but it was fun to go to the bridge!