Good news story?

amurray88

Hi All,

Some of you will have recognised my posts - essentially, a lot of small annoying issues that when travelling with a baby turn into a real irritation (being told my 6 month old will have to sleep in a bunk bed for example).

Well, following alot of emails to P&O, alot of poking and prodding I'm glad to say most of my issues have been sorted (not the fact that my wife and I will be in single beds but we can survive). On top of this, P&O have offered us either £200 OBC or £200 future cruise credit. I was surprised when I read this but very much appreciate it.

I now have a decision... there is a chance if the price was right that I'd book another P&O cruise.... BUT the price would have to be right and I'm not sure their itineraries really inspire me (I quite fancy doing Eastern Med at some point and don't think they really cover this?)

So....future credit or OBC? What do you think?

And, if you were given £200 OBC what would you spend it on?... We were probably thinking the non-alc package (we'd need to put £115 towards it) however, would be happy to take on some of our own soft drinks if there were better ideas around spending....sometimes by day 5/6 we're fed up drinking mocktails/soft drink/coffee as we normally just drink water at home.

Thank you all! Here's to maybe starting to look forward to the holiday...

Edited by amurray88

Just to say that at 6 months old, P&O will supply a cot, baby bath, steriliser and even food purée in branded jars, if appropriate.

Also you might be told that it’s single beds but often your steward can put them back together once they realise you’re using the cot and not the bed.

I’d take the OBC and put it towards your drinks bill or internet if that’s important to you. You don’t have to buy a drinks package to use the OBC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

Just to say that at 6 months old, P&O will supply a cot, baby bath, steriliser and even food purée in branded jars, if appropriate.

Also you might be told that it’s single beds but often your steward can put them back together once they realise you’re using the cot and not the bed.

I’d take the OBC and put it towards your drinks bill or internet if that’s important to you. You don’t have to buy a drinks package to use the OBC.

That is great information thank you! We will probably take the OBC - if there were better itineraries we'd probably consider the FCC but think we'd end up taking a cruise we weren't fussed about with it.

Thanks for your input!

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

Alternatively, stick your 6 month old in the night nursery and head for a great meal in the Epicurean.

Well...that was my other thought. I'm probably hoping that we can have dinner each night with the baby in the Night nursery. We'll see if that comes true....but we would definitely consider some of the restaurants depending on value (I'm a bit tight with wanting value for money!)

just make sure to speak to the kids staff about night nursery - first it was first come first served then last trip we could use it it changed to book in night before - first night book in when boarding. we had cot bottle warmer and steriser but make sure you book it with your TA or PandO beforehand. Dont be afraid to ask cabin steward for stuff as they are very helpful, but a lot busier these days.

52 minutes ago, lebreos said:

just make sure to speak to the kids staff about night nursery - first it was first come first served then last trip we could use it it changed to book in night before - first night book in when boarding. we had cot bottle warmer and steriser but make sure you book it with your TA or PandO beforehand. Dont be afraid to ask cabin steward for stuff as they are very helpful, but a lot busier these days.

Thank you 👌 can I ask what you done for food? Thanks!

We used their food - it does tell you what brand they use somewhere on their site, it was great, but took our own milk in case he was fussy but it was all ok. MDR they would bring the food to the table for you. we preferred using the MDR for breakfast and lunch due to this. Buffet you asked or it was in same place each day?  We had a superior deluxe cabin so were able to put the cot by the sofa and park the buggy semi folded out of the way just, on Ventura. Just check if they say you need your own mattress for cot or not - it was 8 years ago - I've forgotten so much...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lebreos said:

We used their food - it does tell you what brand they use somewhere on their site, it was great, but took our own milk in case he was fussy but it was all ok. MDR they would bring the food to the table for you. we preferred using the MDR for breakfast and lunch due to this. Buffet you asked or it was in same place each day?  We had a superior deluxe cabin so were able to put the cot by the sofa and park the buggy semi folded out of the way just, on Ventura. Just check if they say you need your own mattress for cot or not - it was 8 years ago - I've forgotten so much...

Thank you! We have an inside cabin so it'll be a tight squeeze 😂

10 hours ago, amurray88 said:

BUT the price would have to be right and I'm not sure their itineraries really inspire me (I quite fancy doing Eastern Med at some point and don't think they really cover this?)

So....future credit or OBC? What do you think?

P&O have fly-cruises to Eastern Med on Azura from April to November

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

Sorry haven't seen your other posts but why were you told the baby had to sleep in a bed when every one else says they have ordered a cot? 

Sorry I maybe have a shortened version. We were told we couldn't ask for this before we boarded and instead had to wait til we're onboard as its first come first served to see if they had a cot for us.

3 hours ago, bee-ess said:

Maybe wrong in saying this but I'd still have Rome/France down as Western Med. I know it's not technically true but alot of cruiselines describe Eastern Med as Venice/Croatia/Greece etc.

1 hour ago, amurray88 said:

Maybe wrong in saying this but I'd still have Rome/France down as Western Med. I know it's not technically true but alot of cruiselines describe Eastern Med as Venice/Croatia/Greece etc.

If you study the full schedule, I think there are some occasions when there are consecutive cruises to the eastern Med giving you 14nts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bee-ess said:

And there's the occasional non-fly one from Southampton on Aurora or Arcadia, which with a baby might be preferable to flying. They are 19 days, IIRC, and call in at at least one port in Turkey as well as Cyprus.

Edited by jh1809

5 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

And there's the occasional non-fly one from Southampton on Aurora or Arcadia, which with a baby might be preferable to flying. They are 19 days, IIRC, and call in at at least one port in Turkey as well as Cyprus.

Slight problem with that theory... 

Both adult only ships. 

Andy 

• Like 3

On 11/11/2023 at 12:11 PM, amurray88 said:

Sorry I maybe have a shortened version. We were told we couldn't ask for this before we boarded and instead had to wait til we're onboard as its first come first served to see if they had a cot for us.

You should be able to sort this before you leave. The only reason for P&O refusing is if they have already allocated all the cots. I'd ring them again. In my experience if you've requested then they are already assembled in your cabin before you arrive.

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

You should be able to sort this before you leave. The only reason for P&O refusing is if they have already allocated all the cots. I'd ring them again. In my experience if you've requested then they are already assembled in your cabin before you arrive.

We managed to sort it thank you 👌 although some frustrating issues... We booked a Queen bed for my wife and I on booking and now told it will have to be 2 singles and they can't change this on board due to fire reasons which isn't ideal! Not the end of the world but when they preach that they're family friendly then I'd have hoped for these things to be sorted. First world problems I guess

5 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

We managed to sort it thank you 👌 although some frustrating issues... We booked a Queen bed for my wife and I on booking and now told it will have to be 2 singles and they can't change this on board due to fire reasons which isn't ideal! Not the end of the world but when they preach that they're family friendly then I'd have hoped for these things to be sorted. First world problems I guess

I would still wait until you have boarded, and if there is room for the cot somewhere other than between the single beds, then I imagine your cabin steward will be prepared to reinstate the queen bed.

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I would still wait until you have boarded, and if there is room for the cot somewhere other than between the single beds, then I imagine your cabin steward will be prepared to reinstate the queen bed.

Here's hoping... It's not going to ruin the holiday either way

35 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Which ship you on?

42 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Inside cabins in Azura are tight. Between the adult beds is the best place for the cot…

or…

You have an open wardrobe opposite the bathroom door. From memory the cot fits here.

Ah great shout for the wardrobe, thank you!