Cleve's Tours

Rdclfamily

For those of you who have booked with Cleve's Tours:

Can I trust the process?  They are just asking me to send them money "friends and family style".  NO invoice came through to secure the date.  

If I do this, there is no recourse via paypal if they cancel on me.  It's only $100, but still...

I just wish there was a little bit more formality and not just facebook messaging.

4 minutes ago, Rdclfamily said:

Can I trust the process?  They are just asking me to send them money "friends and family style".  NO invoice came through to secure the date.  

If I do this, there is no recourse via paypal if they cancel on me.  It's only $100, but still...

I just wish there was a little bit more formality and not just facebook messaging.

We have never paid in advance on Roatan although i know requests are more common now.

15 hours ago, Rdclfamily said:

Cleve has an excellent reputation. 

Unfortunately, formality costs money, and we are talking about an island off the coast of a third-world country. You could ask Cleve for an invoice and see what happens. In the end, if you believe there is a risk, much like anything else in the world you have to weigh that risk against the reward. 

Enjoy the island, if you go. :0) 

On 11/10/2023 at 7:24 PM, c-leg5 said:

We have never paid in advance on Roatan although i know requests are more common now.

They do seem to be more common around the Caribbean, especially with smaller independent operators.

FWIW, I'm in the middle of planning a Roatan tour with Rony's Tours (had one planned in 2019 but the ship couldn't dock due to high winds). He asked for a PayPal deposit if I could but when I told him I'd rather just pay the whole thing when we got there he was perfectly OK with that.

Edited by OCSC Mike

16 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

They do seem to be more common around the Caribbean, especially with smaller independent operators.

FWIW, I'm in the middle of planning a Roatan tour with Rony's Tours (had one planned in 2019 but the ship couldn't dock due to high winds). He asked for a PayPal deposit if I could but when I told him I'd rather just pay the whole thing when we got there he was perfectly OK with that.

That is what we have done but I understand the logic of them wanting a commitment too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, c-leg5 said:

That is what we have done but I understand the logic of them wanting a commitment too.

100%.

I missed out on a very small excursion (limited to 12 people I think) that required payment in advance b/c I waited too long to pull the trigger (it was 9 months out at the time). It kinda worked out though. We now plan to do it in 2025 instead of 2024 when we have a more preferable docking schedule in that port anyway.

• Like 1