B2B Valparaiso changeover port, diff stateroom procedure?

ellasabe

I searched the forums, and found some same stateroom procedures.  We change staterooms in Valparaiso.  What is the procedure?  We pack our stuff, when does it get moved?  Since we are staying on the ship, does our luggage stay in our room the last night, and they move it the changeover day?  We plan to get off the ship and tour Valparaiso for the day, so lunch/staying on the ship is not an issue.  I read there is a Pass? that you get.  

Any info appreciated!

Edited by ellasabe
word

You put your belongings from the drawers into your suitcases, but you can leave things on hangers. On changeover day, your current steward, and your new steward will coordinate when to move things to the new room.

definitely do not put your suitcases out the night before the changeover.

they will give you a transit pass, which will allow you back onto the ship with minimal fuss.

they will also give you complete instructions in your state room, so read that paper carefully

We have done many B2B cruises. You will be instructed to place your items back in your suitcases and you may leave your hang up clothes on hangers.

You eave your luggage in your cabin and on the turnaround day cabin Stewart’s will move everything to your new cabin.

Now, I say leave your hang up items on hangers, however I’ve been following a traveler who is moving cabins and they have been  told not to leave hangups on the hangers. That may be because there are 1,000+ staying on board. We always place everything back in the suitcases. 

It is very easy, when you get back onboard your new cabin will be available and you will have your items there waiting for you. 

Cheers! 

Yes you will get a transit pass which will allow you to leave the ship n turnaround day and bypass the checkin line on your return.

Many times you can leave your hanging clothes in the closet, pack the other items and the cabin attendant move everything for you.  Other times, like the sailing I am on now there are so many B2B cruisers changing cabins that the cabins attendants can’t move the belongings unless they are all packed.

About 2 days before the end of the first cruise there will BB meeting where the exact process for your sailing will be explained.   Be sure to go.