Cruise from Trieste

LoveChops

Hi

I'm looking at a cruise on Sun Princess in July 2025, embarking from Trieste. 

There isn't a lot of choice of flights from the UK to Trieste so wondering if we are better flying into Venice then transferring to Trieste? I'm aware it's quite some distance so would need to research transfer options. 

Any help/advice anyone could provide would be very much appreciated. 

Thank you. 

We ended our cruise in Trieste and took a cruise transfer to the Venice airport. There is a train that I briefly considered. Private transportation seems really expensive. You could try your roll call to see if you can join a group for a transfer to the port. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LoveChops said:

Hi

There isn't a lot of choice of flights from the UK to Trieste so wondering if we are better flying into Venice then transferring to Trieste? I'm aware it's quite some distance so would need to research transfer options. 

Any help/advice anyone could provide would be very much appreciated. 

Thank you. 

We love Venice and would stay a couple of days there.  But, you can easily take a train from Venice  to Trieste, about  1 1/2 hour ride on an express route. 

Also, check your fares into Rome, as there are frequently cheap fares from Rome to Trieste.

Not sure about cruise transfers from Venice to Trieste, but I’d check into those also.  Your TA/CVP could help check that.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LoveChops said:

Hi

Yes, going by train is a little awkward from Venice airport .. we had to get a shuttle bus from the airport to Venice Mestre station in order to pick up the train direct to Trieste. So would recommend a Princess cruise transfer it available.

We did look into the Ryanair fights direct from Stansted to Trieste as the private transfer would be more reasonable but the flights aren't that regular.

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1