Europe 2025

CruisingHogFan

12 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Wait until New England & Canada Itineraries are released during the week of December 4

That is what I was thinking too because Caribbean itineraries also will be released that week. I expect that the ship will be one doing Caribbean sailings that summer and be repositioned to Cape Liberty or Boston for Iceland and Greenland cruises, followed by the New England & Canada itineraries, such as possibly the Silhouette.

So, the West to east Transatlantic did finally appear (there were three, and only one had the itinerary we were hoping for).  We have a hold on the Equinox Accessible Sky Suite until tomorrow morning.  We took the trip insurance and the prepaid gratuities.  It is the same price as our 7 day Caribbean cruise in 2013 on the Silhouette, times 3.  That is pretty much what we expected the cost would be.  The unexpected part is all of the really, really abysmal reviews on the Equinox board.  I have been so impatient to see the schedule hoping there would be an acceptable itinerary.  There is a Princess Cruise on the new Sun Princess a month earlier, basically the same itinerary for about 25% less.  It's not just about the money for me.  We had such a good time on Silhouette 10 years ago.  Lackluster food, slow service and unimaginative entertainment apparently are not deal breakers when compared to the timing of the sailing which will be the deciding factor.  Our other option was HAL on the Oosterdam.  Timing is the same.  Reviews were mixed with a lean toward negative but with many more satisfied cruisers.  AFT Neptune Suite for about the same as the Sky Suite.  Decisions, Decisions.  I could have worse problems.

From a press release:

"For the first time, Celebrity will offer a mini season of four new seven-night sailings circumnavigating Iceland in July and August 2025 on Celebrity Silhouette. Sailing from Reykjavik, these immersive itineraries include a new port, Djúpivogur, home to the black sand and icebergs of Diamond Beach."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

From a press release:

"For the first time, Celebrity will offer a mini season of four new seven-night sailings circumnavigating Iceland in July and August 2025 on Celebrity Silhouette. Sailing from Reykjavik, these immersive itineraries include a new port, Djúpivogur, home to the black sand and icebergs of Diamond Beach."

Very interesting, I'm waiting for the 2025 itineraries to New England and Canada to be published, the previous two years started after the TA Reykjavik-Boston.

Just be sure not to get tempted by cheaper fares in summer, because the crowds and temperatures will be unbearable, with long waits to get on the cable car in Santorini and a possibility of not being allowed into the Parthenon because of new crowd limits. If you're not tied to the RCL brands, Princess and HAL have long Greek Islands cruises--I'm leaving on Tuesday for 14 nights on Island Princess, which I got for $590 for an inside. Celebrity Infinity is doing Greek cruises throughout this winter too, rerouted from Israel cruises, and I remember seeing some good itineraries in Spring that go to Greek islands and include Istanbul.